PDA

View Full Version : Pacesetter Adjustable Short Shifter

88LXi68
07-27-2010, 09:16 AM
this particular shifter was for an 84-87 prelude but fits the accord with no problems. I used it for 7years and probably put 15k miles on it up until 2 weeks ago when the shifter sunk down. Well, long story short the adjustable ball was no longer on the threaded portion. Before taking it all apart I just guessed that the derlin ball stripped the threads inside itself.

After purchase of a new shifter and removal of the pacesetter the culprit was the set screw. The set screw will not hold the ball in place and will need to be replaced with a bigger set screw or the like.

So in short the shifter is fine, the derlin ball threads up and down correctly but the ball will not set in one spot like it is supposed to. Compared to my new shifter I kind of like the pacesetter one better. the throws were much shorter and the height of the shifter was considerably shorter as well.

not sure what this will fetch but I am going to start at $70 + shipping & paypal fees. this will include the shifter and my 2g prelude knob if interested. Also, I may even have the original box for this too

pics to follow tonight