PDA

View Full Version : 1987accord lx chainging timing belt

8855A
07-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Can anyone give a diagram on lining up timing belt, got one from auto-zone and not working out!, after install car want start, tryed to adjust timing at dist. and went all the way counterclock wise and car started and ran but you could here the values hitting! I know that it's not right! the dist. was sent at about in the middel before, not all the way counterclock wise! I can't find anything on the timing belt or explain how to do this!

Shilo
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985 No diagram, but everything is explained.

lostforawhile
07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
valves hitting= :facepalm: 0 $
rebuilt engine = 1000 $
never using autozone parts again=priceless

2oodoor
07-27-2010, 03:37 PM
pull all the spark plugs out
loosen the T belt tensioner but do not take it out just loosen the bolt some
slide the T belt off the top cam pulley but dont let it drop too far off position
line up the T mark scribed on the flywheel , viewed thru the sight hole on the bell housing, by turning the crankshaft pulley bolt with a rachet wrench with a 17mm socket
then line up the two line marks on the cam pulley, slide the belt back on and turn the motor over a little more with the ratchet wrench, then tighten the tensioner back

set your ignition timing now per recommended procedure

autozone has a website too that shows you how to do install the T belt, look up your car

lostforawhile
07-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I think he said he ran it and all the valves were hitting, probably too late now

8855A
07-28-2010, 09:43 AM
pull all the spark plugs out
loosen the T belt tensioner but do not take it out just loosen the bolt some
slide the T belt off the top cam pulley but dont let it drop too far off position
line up the T mark scribed on the flywheel , viewed thru the sight hole on the bell housing, by turning the crankshaft pulley bolt with a rachet wrench with a 17mm socket
then line up the two line marks on the cam pulley, slide the belt back on and turn the motor over a little more with the ratchet wrench, then tighten the tensioner back

set your ignition timing now per recommended procedure

autozone has a website too that shows you how to do install the T belt, look up your car Thanks ROODOO2, didn't do the flywheel alienment!, will go back and do that!