PDA

View Full Version : Stock sound system?

Ayeobe
07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
How many of you guys are rolling with stock radios? I find mine is super clear, actually. I plugged my CD player with a tape, and it was the clearest ive hear the music i was playing. I was prety impressed. Maybe people tuned thier radios badly or something.

How many of you guys are still usin the factory radio?

MessyHonda
07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
i have a stock stereo...that because some dumbass stole my alpine...but the sound qualiaty is was better from the alpine...stock one is alright(i have replaced the speakers)...in my sedan i have componets in the front and it sounds good..but for me...that was almost 1k in just a sound system that sounds alright.

Ayeobe
07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Yea i think my old head unit in the 87 from panasonic was kinda shitty, probabily needed and amp. The sterio in the 89 is amazing, though. i have all 4 speakers from the factory. I need to hear an expensive sterio to see how much better they are, cause the stock one sounds clear to me.

MessyHonda
07-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Yea i think my old head unit in the 87 from panasonic was kinda shitty, probabily needed and amp. The sterio in the 89 is amazing, though. i have all 4 speakers from the factory. I need to hear an expensive sterio to see how much better they are, cause the stock one sounds clear to me.

change out your stock speakers...i went to a stereo shop and picked up some kickers for the front and some cheap 6by9 in the back like 100 in speakers and it sounds so much better.

Shilo
07-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I roll without a radio or speakers :thumbup:. It was like that when I bought it, and I'd rather put my money into other areas. Plus I think my 2.5in exhaust, test pipe, and fart can would mostly drown it out anyway :rice:. I do still have the stock AM radio and mono speaker in my Nova though :naughty:.

Ayeobe
07-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the radio is outputting too much base for the speakers to handle at some points.. Or is it the other way around? The CD player/iPod is giving too much base for the head unit to handle?

DBMaster
07-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I only replaced the OEM stereo to get a CD player, but now it's only for the MP3 player input jack. Next one I get will be one that accepts a memory card. The OEM unit is made by Alpine and was actually a high quality unit. I sold it on eBay in 2000 after I pulled it.

charliekuney
07-31-2010, 05:50 PM
I only replaced the OEM stereo to get a CD player, but now it's only for the MP3 player input jack. Next one I get will be one that accepts a memory card.

You should have seen the deck I gave Mike.