PDA

View Full Version : Suspension....yeah another thread

russiankid
07-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Struts and springs....they happen to be blown on my car. So, with this, I need to replace them because they rattle, creak, and feels like a boat. I know I will be going with H&R springs, however, not sure exactly what struts to go with. I know a lot of people run Tokico, but how do they hold up to a 1.5" or so drop? This car is a daily, so I am not looking to slam it, but lower it because I like to drive spiritly on the back roads but at the same time be able to cruise without breaking my spine. Thanks!

ACE_14
07-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I've got Tokicos with my H&Rs. Pretty good ride for me(even being 5 years old). I need new struts too, and if I didn't have my Koni's, I'd go with Tokicos again.

Bglad420
07-31-2010, 06:29 AM
I have Tokicos on 1.8" drop and the ride is fantastic. It's your springs that are going to give you a hard ride. You should wait til OCtober and I'll sell you my setup ;)

MessyHonda
07-31-2010, 06:52 AM
yeah for daily driving with a bit of sporty driving its one of the best rides...my ride is not harsh at all....after many miles the rear shocks tend to sag a bit...but with good sway bars its a excelent set up.

russiankid
07-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Well I am going to be doing this in the fall, right now I am just doing some research as to what I want. It is the last thing on the list for suspension, as I already have all new ball joints, bushings, other various stuff.