PDA

View Full Version : Distrib. O ring

Oldblueaccord
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Is this thing actually and O ring when new? The old one is mashed flat so hard to compare them.

WP

Bluntman
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Is this thing actually and O ring when new? The old one is mashed flat so hard to compare them.

WP

Yep, it's a O-ring.

Oldblueaccord
07-31-2010, 07:30 PM
yeah I put it in and hit the housing good with rtv. I ran it a little and well see what gives.

Any tips on removing cam bearings in a small block chrysler ? I got the tool but I dont think I have it set up right. You and old v-8 man help me out.

wp

itzdave
07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
if i remember correctly, there are no cam bearings...?

itzdave
07-31-2010, 07:47 PM
sorry, didnt see that ya said 'chrysler' i thought u were talkin bout our engines...
couldnt tell ya.

Bluntman
08-03-2010, 04:40 PM
yeah I put it in and hit the housing good with rtv. I ran it a little and well see what gives.

Any tips on removing cam bearings in a small block chrysler ? I got the tool but I dont think I have it set up right. You and old v-8 man help me out.

wp

Why are you doing the cam bearings? Take it to a machine shop and spend the extra $100 bucks.and have it line bored, the block tanked, have new bearings installed, and have it done right.

1989accordaz
08-15-2010, 07:08 PM
The distributor O-ring, is that a Honda only part or did you buy just a generic one? Mine is leaking, I tried the cheap fix but my local Autozone doesn't carry it. I guess I can just go online and order it.

lostforawhile
08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
The distributor O-ring, is that a Honda only part or did you buy just a generic one? Mine is leaking, I tried the cheap fix but my local Autozone doesn't carry it. I guess I can just go online and order it.

honda only, there are two, they never get it right, so order one for each dizzy, they are cheap

Civic Accord Honda
08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
i got one from kragen lol
came in a 4 pack, wish i still had the others would of came in handy

ecogabriel
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
NAPA carries generic o-rings so you may be lucky by taking yours there if no Honda dealer is nearby. Anyway, notice that if your distributor shaft seal leaks it will shop up in the same spot as a o-ring leak.

I replaced mine but the leak continued; it came from inside the dizzy. Replaced shaft seal and no more leaks.

lostforawhile
08-16-2010, 04:56 PM
NAPA carries generic o-rings so you may be lucky by taking yours there if no Honda dealer is nearby. Anyway, notice that if your distributor shaft seal leaks it will shop up in the same spot as a o-ring leak.

I replaced mine but the leak continued; it came from inside the dizzy. Replaced shaft seal and no more leaks.

I never got an aftermarket one to not leak or fit right, it's some odd size, just order one online from Honda they are cheap, get several and have some spares.

1989accordaz
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Went to my local Stealership and got the O-Ring , $3.00 something they charged me for it. Very easy to change.

russiankid
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
honda only, there are two, they never get it right, so order one for each dizzy, they are cheap

Well if you tell them what distributor you have, they'll get you the right one.

Hitachi= round distributor cap, internal ignitor.
Tec= has a flap spot on the cap, external ignitor.

lostforawhile
08-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Well if you tell them what distributor you have, they'll get you the right one.

Hitachi= round distributor cap, internal ignitor.
Tec= has a flap spot on the cap, external ignitor.

i did and they still sent the wrong one

Civic Accord Honda
08-18-2010, 03:02 AM
kragen had the right one for my 3gee, had to get part number on there site then go in and give it to them worked perfect never leaked,

got one for the civic at napa had no problems, also the civic and 4g accord ones were interchangeable so i wonder if its same one on 3g

Lg310
05-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Found mine at napa for 1.39 or at dealer 3.30

itzdave
05-26-2011, 07:50 PM
its a good thing he knows that a year later...
haha

Lg310
05-27-2011, 11:44 PM
its a good thing he knows that a year later...
haha

had to get my fifth post to post urls