PDA

View Full Version : New Here

4DRLXI
08-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Been lurking for about a month now and figured I'd finally make an account. Names Brandon, from Rockford, Illinois. Just picked up my first honda and I'll have to say was love at first sight. It's pretty, pretty damn ugly but I seen something different when I look at it.

Found it for the low price of 350.00, thought I had made a mistake to be honest. Went to go pick it up, drove it 100 something miles its first day and realized how nice it really was. Found out it has been in the same family since 40,XXX.

It's pretty much bone stock. Had a couple issues out of it, oil leak and coolant leak. Fixed both for $20, guess thats a win for me. Has from what I've read the typical honda rust but the engine is still pretty strong for being at 248,XXX. Looking to make it pretty again but it's a slow process being a college student and working part time.

I'll toss some pictures of it when I get my posts up. Pretty much just tossing up my intro.

~B

itzdave
08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
:welcome:
there is a TON of info to be learned by searching thru past threads(im sure uve noticed)
good luck with the accord, cant wait to see some pix!!!

canadian357
08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Congrats on the car. Always nice to see another poor college student (awful as that sounds). It makes me feel better about the ridiculously slow progress of my car. Hey, at least your's reverses!

Sounds like an awesome deal. You're gonna love the hell out of that car.

Demon1024
08-06-2010, 02:45 AM
The love only grows with knowledge

WELCOME

Post up some pics when ya can

4DRLXI
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. Going to do it's tuneup next week.

Thinking about going:

Denso Plugs (Already Have)
NGK Wires
K&N Oil Filter
Mobile 1 Oil

As for it's air intake, thinking about custom cold air with K&N filter. What you think?

Dr_Snooz
08-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the board! You'll love the car more and more.

Pico
08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Welcome to our family :wave:

MessyHonda
08-07-2010, 10:18 AM
welcome to the addiction