PDA

View Full Version : 79 Accord Door Latches

PDXAccord79
08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 79 Accord CVCC hatch today and am having some issues with the door latches. The car is in really good shape but the door latches are broken. The one on the drivers side does not work at all, while the passenger side feels like it's on the way out. I've been searching for the last few days and cannot find a new or used replacement on the Internet. Does anyone have a source for parts like this or have some of these laying around that I could buy?

Also, I've been looking on Ebay and noticed that some of the bolt patterns from later latches appear to match. Is there any late model latch that I can use in 1st Gen Accord?

Thanks for your help!

79cord
08-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Check out this thread for some comments regarding the most common problem regarding the Accord door latches; missing or damaged plastic "silencers", that can make them difficult to latch.. especially if the strikers have been "adjusted" to try & alter the problem.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68236&page=2

As regards to alternative latches that might serve as replacements though I don't know. You might try cross-referencing part numbers on some of the on-line Honda parts-books such as hondapartsnow or cmsnl.com