PDA

View Full Version : Alternator whine

chronicsinners
10-09-2002, 12:13 PM
In my cars current state there is a very annoyin alternator whine that i cant seem to figure out, i have 6ga power wire running to 2 amps (1 for bass, other for other speakers) my speaker RCAs are running on the opposite side of the power, and the sub rcas are running down the same side as the power, the ground is screwed to the roof of the trunk, ie behind the backseats, it just wont go away any solutions that you gurus can come up with.

PS stereos arent my thing anymore and im not upto date with thier tech and troubleshooting, so i am currently not really knowlagable. thanx for your help
bob

socal3rdgen
10-09-2002, 12:30 PM
try twisting the RCA cables all the way from your deck to your amp. twisting cables conteracts line noise to a degree. i would also say that because you have 2 amps on one battery that you should probably invest in a capacitor.

chronicsinners
10-09-2002, 07:22 PM
yea like i said im not really interested in car audio any more, so if i ever feel like dropping cash on a cap i would, just waiting for the right deal ja know? ill try twisting them, any other suggestions

shepherd79
10-10-2002, 04:27 AM
try running power and RCA cables on diff sides.
i have my power on passanger side and my RCA cables on driver side, never had a problem.