PDA

View Full Version : diffrent steering wheels

geej07
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
i did some searching couldnt find the answer i was lookin for. soo can anyone help me out here? i was lookin to buy a steering wheel off ebay it comes with a quick release hub for a civic. will it fit on the 3gee? dont wanna waste the money on it if it wont fit. please let me know or point me in the right direction. thanks.

Ayeobe
08-06-2010, 08:51 PM
What year civic? if its the 88/91 it might fit.. arnt the 88/91 SI steering wheels the same as the 86/87 accords?

lostforawhile
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
i did some searching couldnt find the answer i was lookin for. soo can anyone help me out here? i was lookin to buy a steering wheel off ebay it comes with a quick release hub for a civic. will it fit on the 3gee? dont wanna waste the money on it if it wont fit. please let me know or point me in the right direction. thanks.

i'm not sure iwould trust an egay quick release hub, when you put one on a racecar, the seperate pieces have to be welded on,

Civic Accord Honda
08-06-2010, 09:28 PM
its a 3gee... far from a race car.....

a civic one will work, i had a 2g accord and 3g accord wheel on my 91 civic fit just fine

labeledsk8r
08-06-2010, 09:30 PM
i'm not sure iwould trust an egay quick release hub, when you put one on a racecar, the seperate pieces have to be welded on,

so much race car style that race cars dont even have that

stat1K
08-07-2010, 05:41 AM
here's what i know, an 88-91 civic steering wheel does not fit an accord. an accord wheel does fit a civic. the spline count IS the same, the diameter however, is not. I have a 78 cvcc wheel in my civic, it would NOT fit an accord. we tried at the junkyard. I also gave lx-incredible my 88-91 4 spoke wheel and it wouldn't fit on his accord. his was an 88-89 and i don't believe there are any differences but who knows there might be.

stat1K
08-07-2010, 05:42 AM
What year civic? if its the 88/91 it might fit.. arnt the 88/91 SI steering wheels the same as the 86/87 accords?

http://crxmotorsports.com/sale/sized/steeringwheel.jpg

that's a crx si wheel, i've never seen one like that on an accord.

lostforawhile
08-07-2010, 05:48 AM

a civic one will work, i had a 2g accord and 3g accord wheel on my 91 civic fit just fine

I know but there's a reason they don't
allow bolt on quick release hubs

geej07
08-07-2010, 06:56 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-93-94-HONDA-CIVIC-JDM-Steering-Wheel-Hub-Release-/280515999085?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

this is what i was lookin at. they have them for 88-89 prelude too. but if the quick release isnt going to be safe ill just get a normal one. i just thought it would look cool.

Ayeobe
08-07-2010, 08:59 AM
http://crxmotorsports.com/sale/sized/steeringwheel.jpg

that's a crx si wheel, i've never seen one like that on an accord.

Damn, man. Yeah, thats the same as the hatch. Its been for-ever since i was in the 89 SI hatch my parents used to have, i guess i forgot.

MessyHonda
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
someone said they used a 3rd gen prelude quick release

Shilo
08-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I would personally stay away from the cheap aftermarket steering wheels and hubs on eBay. I bought one thinking it couldn't be that bad, but the quality is horrible. I could bend the wheel with my hands, and the holes in the hub weren't threaded right. For just a few dollars more, you can get a Grant wheel and hub from somewhere like summitracing.com. I'm pretty sure Grant makes a quick release too, but I'm not too sure on the price.

stat1K
08-07-2010, 02:26 PM
^ in all fairness i can bend a stock wheel by hand as well. i would rather have one bend when my face hits it than not bend... eh?

lostforawhile
08-07-2010, 03:54 PM
^ in all fairness i can bend a stock wheel by hand as well. i would rather have one bend when my face hits it than not bend... eh?

your face should never hit it, also the wheel will give and collapse. The grant quick release used to be good, but everything they make has really gone down in quality. I'm very unhappy with my steering wheel adapter, but it's my only choice.

Civic Accord Honda
08-07-2010, 05:03 PM
idk why the wheels didnt swap stat1k but had an 82 accord steering wheel and a 87 accord steering wheel on my 91 civic lol

also hazwan has a 91 civic wheel on his 1gee

canadian357
08-07-2010, 06:05 PM

It is if you put walmart type r badges on

lostforawhile
08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
one of the main issues, is if you have a three g with cruise, you need to convert to the non cruise control horn contact, or you will have no horn. they are really hard to find, I FINALLY have one on the way. it took me over a year until someone was able to find one for me. you need it to use a grant adapter or anything like it.

stat1K
08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
your face should never hit it, also the wheel will give and collapse. The grant quick release used to be good, but everything they make has really gone down in quality. I'm very unhappy with my steering wheel adapter, but it's my only choice.

yeah it shouldn't, but why do they make airbags if that's true? you should never get in a car accident either, but that's why it's called an accident. my brother got hit head on in his 93 sentra by a dodge ram, he seemed to have a pretty big bruise on his head in the shape of a steering wheel...

import racer
08-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I got a 10" 3 spoke wheel in my SEI that i had since the 80's.Should be really easy to drive with it.The only problem was had to use a horn button because the adapter is for non cruise and couldn't find the part i needed.

lostforawhile
08-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I got a 10" 3 spoke wheel in my SEI that i had since the 80's.Should be really easy to drive with it.The only problem was had to use a horn button because the adapter is for non cruise and couldn't find the part i needed.

you just need to find one without cruise, then the horn contactor attaches in place of the cruise control slip ring. takes a few minutes to swap, Grant used to be good, but all their stuff is made overseas now and the quality has really gone downhill.