PDA

View Full Version : cheap fog lights.

88lxi-shortram
08-08-2010, 07:10 PM
ok i bought two round fog lights for 20 dollars and i originalt instaled on the outside of my bumper... long story short they looked like crap but today i got bored and decided to install on the inside of the bumper and it turned out great and heres all you have to do:

1: buy them
2: remove mounts
3: remove the back cover with two phillips head screws
4: once you have the bare lights start to measure them to the spot were you want to mount them
5: then take an exacto knife and some strong scissors and begin to carve away at styrofaom and bumper plastic.
6: take small pieces of sheetmetal or any scrap metal and begin to make your own mounts (easy as hell)
7: mount them up and wire them up then enjoy...
tomoro i will have pics posted of the finsihed process but ill try to help explain if anyone needs help...

agol
08-16-2010, 12:52 PM
when you go cheap you usually get what you pay for. glad you got it straightened out now:thumbup:

88lxi-shortram
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
actually they are great for the 20 bucks the only thing i didnt like was that the installation required a little extra wire to properly reach the switch inside the car but since i have extra wire all of my garage i wasnt at much of a loss. but i would recommend them for almost anyone who is willing to do the work its well worth it they shine pretty bright...
heres a pic of them:http://a.imageshack.us/img823/5418/041410203006.jpg

HERBERT
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
day time pics