PDA

View Full Version : Squeeling under the hood

stevo89
08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok, so my car at idle makes a squeeling/ whisling sound. its not a belt squeel either.. its more low pitch and not screetching.. lol idk how to discribe it.. sometimes its worse than others though... but it only does at idle as soon as i start on down the road its gone.. but its really annoying.. No problems have occured.. Yet. My dad has no clue his only suggestion is a pully bearing going out maybe. And my friend suggested maybe a water pump. But I want an opinion from more than 2 people lol so im asking the experts.

One other thing. I was cleaning my engine bay and hood cause there was a ton off carbon build up on it and there is still crap like above the intake mani. and on the firewall.
heres a pic.
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy341/stevo89accord/026.jpg
My question.. how to get it off..

stephensimmons
08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
When did the noise start?

stevo89
08-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Maybe a week or two ago. It was just outta the blue. I was like wtf?? and its only when my engin warms up it doesnt do it when i first start it.

charliekuney
08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
You should take a video. That will get you the best possible answers.

stevo89
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
well my car had no power(not spining tires in really loose gravel. and it was rattling.. I turned it on to show my dad and it died. after school i came home and pulled off the valve cover and saw the timing belt was loose. pulled upper timing cover off to have a cam gear go with it. I was sheared completely off with the bolt still in it. Im assuming when i replace the cam it shouldnt squeel. Moral of this story. Never under estimate a little whistle from under the hood. :Owned:

Civic Accord Honda
08-24-2010, 02:27 AM
O_O how the hell did that happen O.o make sure the heads not effed up (score marks where cam goes) and replace the timing belt and tensioner and water pump while your at it..

stevo89
08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Why replace all that stuff lol i understand timing belt and tensioner why water pump though? im pretty sure its ok? Just curious

MessyHonda
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM
because if your water pump goes out you will have to redo the timing belt

stevo89
08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
DANGIT still squeels changing that water pump soon hopefully. >=/ These cars are lucky they have so much potential cause id get rid of it. Cause i dont have many problems so i dont want my car to be like one that does eventually.