PDA

View Full Version : Weber carb on EL manifold?

1980_accord
08-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, I have a question to everyone, but since it's about EL engine, it looks like it would be a question to a very someone, if at least to anyone I hope.

Have any of you an idea how to mount a Weber 32/36 DGEV carb, just like this one:
....which I can't show you because I don't have 5 posts written yet, but can send you...
and with the same mounting brackets (which obviously don't fit) to an EL engine intake manifold. This manifold looks way different than CVCC type (EK1) and here lies my problem.

Please don't say that I'm lucky with EL engine itself and should be happy of those 80HP anyway :)

Soon when I will get thos darn 5 posts I will be able to insert pictures, so far I can send only.

so... anyone ;-)?

2ndGenGuy
08-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Does this one look like it might work? It's for the 1200 and 1300cc engines, but the plate looks pretty close...

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=99004.100

My friend put one on his EL manifold. When he bought the carb, it had some kind of adapter plate for an Isuzu or something on it. He was able to just drill two new holes, as I believe 2 of the studs match up to the carb already... Take a look through the Pierce Manifolds listing of adapters, and I bet you could find something close enough to modify to work.

You might check 1stGenCivic.org as well. I am sure there are a few people there from Canada with Civics who have swapped EL motors in and done a Weber downdraft carb of some form...

1980_accord
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Looks good to me, thanks - I'll check it up to further details. I wonder if this double-shrinking of the intake barrell wouldn't affect on power loss instead of rising. Those are really different diameters... hope the civic guys will know that.

2ndGenGuy
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
You might get a dremel and port match the adapter plate if it isn't quite right too. :)

redr2
08-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I have a 32/36 Weber on an EL manifold that I use for emmissions testing. I believe it was an adapter plate shared with an older Datsun. They are fairly generic for the old Keihin carbs I know that. The ports are always a point of contention. Most remove the center piece and do some port matching.