PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean interior

Wil-_^liam
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone, i was searching on the forums about the best way to clean the upholstery and interior in general. Alot of people seem to say amor all is good but then alot say its bad. And alot of people are using alot of other things. Most posts are from 2002. So im wondering what people now are actually using to clean their seats. My seats aren't the cleanest but they arent the worst either. This will be the start for making my car a nice ride.

2ndGenGuy
08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
For seats and carpets, I always found carpet cleaner, a bucket of hot water, and a scrub brush worked good. Then a nice vacuum afterward. For my carpets, sometimes I would pull them clear out of the car and take them to a heated pressure washer, vacuum, hang and dry. For the dash and stuff, there are lots of options. I always hear that Armor All will cause cracking. I never used it just because of that, how true it is, I dunno. But I've used other, similar, shiny products to clean the dash and vinyl bits, and always turned out great!

2oodoor
08-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner, and foaming carpet cleaner with several terry towels and bucket of warm water, also the firm but soft bristle brush.

Armor All, just dont go crazy with it and only use it once in a while, always come back and wipe it off (buff) so it doesnt puddle or accumulate.
Once clean and DRY you can use Scotchguard, just spray it in and leave it in. Keep everything vacuumed constantly for a few days afterward then go back to regular care.

LX-incredible
08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I recommend against using armorall. It removes hydrocarbons from the vinyl and will cause it to crack (I've experienced this on both vehicles I used it on). I now only use 303 aerospace protectant. It's available online and at most ace hardwares. It's pretty pricey but actually protects the vinyl from UV, doesn't fog the windows, doesn't stink, and isn't greasy.

Dr_Snooz
08-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I use mostly Zymol products for general cleaning and preservation. A carpet cleaner is the only way to get it squeaky clean though.

Civic Accord Honda
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
for dash and other plastics/vinals dont be fooled by expensive products! Instead try this AWESOME cleaner for only ONE DOLLAR!! YES! You heard right only a DOLLAR!!! BUT WAIT! THERES MORE! Not only does it make your dash shine! it can also make the plastics in your engine bay look like BRAND NEW!!!,
Now you think im crazy right? Well just watch this video and your life will be forever changed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqpRWAqFdUM

DONT WAIT! ORDER TODAY!

A18A
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow! I totally endorse your fine product there, Sir!

AccordB20A
08-12-2010, 10:10 PM
i dont even know what its called/is as the video is too long and my internet too slow.

Wil-_^liam
08-13-2010, 06:30 AM
for dash and other plastics/vinals dont be fooled by expensive products! Instead try this AWESOME cleaner for only ONE DOLLAR!! YES! You heard right only a DOLLAR!!! BUT WAIT! THERES MORE! Not only does it make your dash shine! it can also make the plastics in your engine bay look like BRAND NEW!!!,
Now you think im crazy right? Well just watch this video and your life will be forever changed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqpRWAqFdUM

DONT WAIT! ORDER TODAY!

good for dash. but what about the seats?

lostforawhile
08-13-2010, 07:14 AM
don't use Armour all, it's actually made from a lard base, stuff is nasty and does more damage then it does good. simple green will do great cleaning plastic in the car.

Civic Accord Honda
08-13-2010, 01:54 PM
good for dash. but what about the seats?

for seats i use power house carpet cleaner from the dollar tree or i use tough stuff from walmart, both work great

Wil-_^liam
08-13-2010, 02:32 PM
for seats i use power house carpet cleaner from the dollar tree or i use tough stuff from walmart, both work great

Haha ok. Hows the smell though? Ok?

Civic Accord Honda
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
not to bad, fades off during the day normally within a couple hours lol,

A18A
08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
i dont even know what its called/is as the video is too long and my internet too slow.

yeah same lol

SZfiftyfour
08-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I mix color-safe bleach and gain in hot water. Get my wet/dry vac ready. Apply the solution with a soft brush and lather. Then use a plastic ice scraper and scrape out the excess from the fabric/carpet while sucking it up with the vacuum. It doesnt have time to deep set so it doesn't take long to dry out, just leave the doors open to air dry. My interior smells like I just ran it through the laundry. Also, run a/c on REC and spray fabreze into the a/c intake under the dash. The scent only lasts a couple days but it gets rid of the funk in the a/c for a while.

epic1400cs
10-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I have tried quite few different interior cleaner before and I always find it time consuming and unsatisfactory. I was very happy with Autoglym wax when I tried it before so as a trial I have tried Autoglym interior shampoo. It might be a bit expensive but I was very very impressed. I sprayed on the seat fabric and wiped with damp cloth, I can see the cloth becomes dirty visually and very quickly never experienced before. There might be better product especially for professionals but I believe this product is one of the best in my experience and easy to find.

Also according to some professional Japanese car valeters, after cleaning the interior fabric, such as seat cover, applying water repellent spray (the ones you use for umbrella and shoes) will minimize those fabric surface getting dirty - interesting idea and it works!