PDA

View Full Version : add oil to manual transmission

hondalx85
08-19-2010, 05:54 PM
i want to add oil to my manual trans, but i cant remove the nut its to tight. wat is the best way to remove the nut, from under the car???? because i got a buzzing noise wen i shit to second gear and four gear. the last time that i change the clutch the mecanic remove all the oil and only add 1 LT

Civic Accord Honda
08-19-2010, 09:40 PM
yeah needs more oil man if you dont add it soon you will kill it,
i used a 5ft long pipe hooked up to the socket wrench sticking up though the engine bay to get that bitch off! i hate that bolt with a passion make sure to put some antiseize on it when you reinstall it

another way is to put the socket wrench on it with teh handle facing down and kick the living crap out of the socket wrench

and last resort way is to take off the VSS , its held in with 1 10mm bolt just wiggle it up and out and then add oil to the big hole on top of trans, but when you do this i recommended you drain it then add the 2.5 quarts so you dont over fill it

hondalx85
08-20-2010, 09:42 AM
yeah needs more oil man if you dont add it soon you will kill it,
i used a 5ft long pipe hooked up to the socket wrench sticking up though the engine bay to get that bitch off! i hate that bolt with a passion make sure to put some antiseize on it when you reinstall it

ok thanks man, i will do it today

ecogabriel
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
i want to add oil to my manual trans, but i cant remove the nut its to tight. wat is the best way to remove the nut, from under the car???? because i got a buzzing noise wen i shit to second gear and four gear. the last time that i change the clutch the mecanic remove all the oil and only add 1 LT

Question is why the "mechanic" did not remove the fill plug??? And just added 1 liter (little over a quart???)

I would remove both fill and drain plug, drain EVERYTHING looking at the condition of the drained fluid -look for metal shavings- and then add honda manual trans fluid (preferred) or engine oil. I am using synchromesh in my 5G civlc and works fine but in your case I'd go with honda MTF

hondalx85
08-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Question is why the "mechanic" did not remove the fill plug??? And just added 1 liter (little over a quart???)

I would remove both fill and drain plug, drain EVERYTHING looking at the condition of the drained fluid -look for metal shavings- and then add honda manual trans fluid (preferred) or engine oil. I am using synchromesh in my 5G civlc and works fine but in your case I'd go with honda MTF

he remove everityng but it was to late and he only have 1 lt and i needed the car, that was on july but i been busy and thats are the consecuenses, but the car is running ok.