PDA

View Full Version : Loose/stiff steering

Ayeobe
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
My friend drove my car for a bit, and he's complaining that my steering is "wonky". It is super loose when the car is stopped, and then when its driving its less loose. by loose i mean easy to turn. He's sayin it aint normal. What do you guys think?

Dr_Snooz
08-20-2010, 09:01 PM
If it tracks straight, doesn't leak and doesn't wander or pull, then it's all good.

Civic Accord Honda
08-20-2010, 11:01 PM
what size of tire do you have on car? if you have skinny tires it will turn hella easy!

Ayeobe
08-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Im just sayin it gets hard sometimes then goes soft, but my friend made a huge deal about it. I think its cause the fluid is a bit low, but im makin sure theres nothing you guys can think of that might be a big deal. Also, the alignment is a bit off, and im gona fix that next week.

Vanilla Sky
08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
It could be a malfunctioning speed sensor. We have a speed adaptive power steering system on our cars. At full stop, you have full power. Once you get moving, power decreases with speed, to a point where there's almost no power assist.

Civic Accord Honda
08-21-2010, 01:56 AM
i have that bypassed as the hose leaked^ lol

Dr_Snooz
08-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Im just sayin it gets hard sometimes then goes soft, but my friend made a huge deal about it. I think its cause the fluid is a bit low, but im makin sure theres nothing you guys can think of that might be a big deal. Also, the alignment is a bit off, and im gona fix that next week.

Low fluid will cause variable assist.

cubert
08-21-2010, 07:53 AM
I think you shouldnt let other people drive your car :thumbup:

Ayeobe
08-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Lol, this guy said he dosnt want to anymore, so i wont be letting anyone drive it anymore.

Alright, im gona go top up the PS fluid, and figure out where to do the coolant flush..