PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

CzEcHy
08-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Looked around but I don't ever recall the answer being a thread, more than being mentioned inside a random thread.

My front bumper sags, how do I fix this (I know someone on here mentioned something needing replaced when bumper sags.)

I'd like it to be level since when you look at the car from the side, the front has a slight dip and there is a large gap between hood and bumper (ugly).

Thanks.

lostforawhile
08-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Looked around but I don't ever recall the answer being a thread, more than being mentioned inside a random thread.

My front bumper sags, how do I fix this (I know someone on here mentioned something needing replaced when bumper sags.)

I'd like it to be level since when you look at the car from the side, the front has a slight dip and there is a large gap between hood and bumper (ugly).

Thanks.if you pull the bumper , and unbolt the brackets holding the bumper, you'll see the part that holds the bumper is rubber mounted, with a bolt going through it longways, you need to remove the rubber centers and use a large washer to shim them,both top and bottom, then hammer them back together and put the bolt back in. once you do this, it makes the mounts much more solid and the sag will be gone.

CzEcHy
08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
if you pull the bumper , and unbolt the brackets holding the bumper, you'll see the part that holds the bumper is rubber mounted, with a bolt going through it longways, you need to remove the rubber centers and use a large washer to shim them,both top and bottom, then hammer them back together and put the bolt back in. once you do this, it makes the mounts much more solid and the sag will be gone.

So just throw some washers above and below it and hammer it in, then put the bolt in?

And the brackets you mean are the pieces holding the metal bumper on correct? It'll fix the plastic bumper (bumper cover or w.e) ye?

lostforawhile
08-29-2010, 09:43 AM
So just throw some washers above and below it and hammer it in, then put the bolt in?

And the brackets you mean are the pieces holding the metal bumper on correct? It'll fix the plastic bumper (bumper cover or w.e) ye?
yea, I'll try to take some pictures if i can my bumper isn't bolted on at the moment, there's a bracket with bolt holes bolted to the car frame, the steel part of the bumper bolts to this, the center of this bracket floats. This is where your slop and sag comes from.

CzEcHy
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
yea, I'll try to take some pictures if i can my bumper isn't bolted on at the moment, there's a bracket with bolt holes bolted to the car frame, the steel part of the bumper bolts to this, the center of this bracket floats. This is where your slop and sag comes from.

Got it, whenever it stops raining since apparently it likes to rain EVERYDAY here the past month I'll go take off the bumper and retry. Guess I can repaint it while I'm at it too.