PDA

View Full Version : wire tuck?

88lxi-shortram
09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
has anyone ever done a wire tuck? im sure somebody has and i was wondering if i could see some pics from anybody? and difficulty level, is it easy hard in between? any advice/ word?

A18A
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
i did a couple years ago, was very half assed, i never got any pics of it completed though :(
http://a.imageshack.us/img17/7671/1006923medium.jpg
this is probably the best it looked, but with a new motor that i didnt wanna devirginize. which is why the bay is tucked but the engine isnt
http://a.imageshack.us/img818/3022/1009340medium.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
i did it on my old civic lol was super easy just time consuming, if u want to see any pics of that let me know lol

88lxi-shortram
09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
it looks pretty good if you ask me.... and i figure since its going to be sitting at my school for a while i might as well take advantage of my resources and do the tuck... im hoping by the end of the swap my engine bay will look super clean... heres what im thinking about doind while its there.

1: engine swap (duh)
2: paint bay... either black again or gold (im leaning towards gold so..:ugh2:)
3: wire tuck
4: maybe paint some japanese symbols on the firewall or something to give it that extra WOW

any suggestions as far as colors and paints would be nice as well. im going to be researching the tuck more because that cleans up so well w/o wires everywhere so help on the tuck would be nice as well.

A18A
09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd go for gold over black, black engine bays remind me of people who paint their car, minus the engine bay, and didnt like the mismatching engine bay so just paint it black to try and look standard lol.

It's not so much the wires that clutter up the engine bay, but more so things like hoses, random boxes, resivoirs and such. do you plan on getting rid of the power steering and/or air con? that would free up quite a bit of space. also removing everything related to them would make quite a difference too. the most time consuming part would be doing the actual wires, depending on how extreme you want to go (relocating the fuse box, hiding wires under intake manifold etc..)

another thing people do is weld up the useless holes, shave things, fill to give it that nice smooth finish. but to some, that would that overboard. i like it though

have a look at this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1693934

mykwikcoupe
09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
on a newer engine with no vac lines it looks better. You can make this look even better by removing the PS, AC and CC. That leaves a ton of space and cleans it up but then its like driving a civic. To do it even better these engine have a million water lines throughout the bay. That would still look cluttered and the many cables for kick downs, throttles and such. These bays just don't look great unless they are stripped

88lxi-shortram
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
yea for the tuck i probably wont go to extreme just a little clean up. but the p/s is going but a/c will stay. i dont want the cruise control anyways so ill remove it as well but i dont exactly know how to remove it properly because if i remove it i want to be able to put it back on jus in case i have to sell the car. but now that ive had time to reallythink heres the plan so far for the whole build

1: engine swap (500)
2: gold engine bay (50-70)
3: lite wire tuck (idk)
4: if i can find a small racing radiator ill use it (still looking)
5: 6000k HID kit (70)
6: drag rims painted either gloss red or flat black (450)
7: bike rack if i can find 1 (idk)
8: headers catback ect, witha 3.5 in muffler (500-600)
9: get dents removed (maybe 100)
10: paint either matte black or glossy black (leaning at glossy) (300)
11:drop it 2.5 inches (70)
12:tint windows and tail lights (75)
13: and enjoy :) (priceless)

labeledsk8r
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
just be sure if you do decide to tuck do it correctly, no crimps or electric tape. use all solder and atleast heat shrink tubeing.

as for the radiator you cna mod a civic half sized in semi easy or a integra full size alum in semi easy aswell

as for the bike rack, if you dont own a bike dont bother lol

Civic Accord Honda
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
bike racks are sex foo lol

i like flat black engine bays.. lol or pink :D

88lxi-shortram
09-07-2010, 02:17 AM
lol i own a bike but probably will only use the bike rack for a bike once or twice.... but like CAH said bike racks are sex...

hb420
09-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I did one on my 1990 integra, it was easy but very time consming. Just remember to lable things, and take pics if needed and you should be good,

Pico
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Do a search for "Legend_master" he did a tuck on his hatch

lostforawhile
11-24-2010, 04:52 PM
does anyone remember when they did the tuck, if they were able to delete that square relay near the fuse box? the Nippenso one? I think it's EFE heater, which is no longer needed

lostforawhile
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
it was the EFE relay, i already have that harness apart, not needed but I will use that main fuse it used