PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

dustinksmith
09-07-2010, 07:03 AM
http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/1939854436.html

quick search gave me this, i was just confirming that this would fit in my '89 Accord LX(carbed) with minor modification right. of course i would have to source a head, would it be worth it? thanks, and sorry for my noobishness

stat1K
09-07-2010, 08:14 AM
with the innovative b-series mounts any b-series block from a CRV, Civic, Integra will fit. That motor WILL fit with the mounts provided you fix the axle issue, wiring, exhaust, etc.

Not really sure why it would be missing a head is the only question i have. Typically you will find b16 blocks missing the head because people use the head on a b20 shortblock like what is pictured there. so, i guess if he had it setup as a b20vtec or was going to use it for such that would make sense. I wouldn't buy any motor that's not in car that you can't hear run from a person. If you want a b20b/z buy it from hmotorsonline or find someone local that imports.

dustinksmith
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
thanks. ill look into that company

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2010, 12:04 PM
unless u plan on running it carbed u will have to go to the junkyard and grab the efi fuel tank, fuel pump, return fuel line, front cabin to engine bay harness, from an lxi