PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Question

dustinksmith
09-14-2010, 07:36 PM
I just got my 3g and have already left my headlights on many times :uh: , my Saab's headlights turn off when i turn the car off. How would i go about modifying the honda's headlights to turn off with the ignition so i don't run the battery down.

OldSkoolA20accord
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Remember to turn the lights off.....

itzdave
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
put a clock on the end of the knob, but instead of hands on the clock, attach those spinny things to the switch. im sure after about 15-20 minutes it might work, but then again, im sure the weight on the would make the left turn signal stay on all the time, just tell people its 'JDM DOOD!'

lolz <3

ShyBoyCA6
09-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Not to sound like an ass but headlights up 24/7?? What happens when you want them down unless it a fixed lights? Haha it would be a watse of a mod. No offense but hey its your car
But with the fixed liights it would be easier if you have a alarm and hook it up to turn off the lights when you locked the doors and when you unlock all lights will stay on for like what?? 30 seconds?

Oldblueaccord
09-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Best way would rewire the lights with relays and trigger the relays with an ignition switch powered wire.

My wife's 2010 Subarau lights go on/off with the key also. You could pull the wire diagram and look how either one of those cars does it.

Dating myself a little here I had a 1981 VW rabbit, test driving with a friend and the owner one night to buy. The throttle stuck wide open on a narrow dirt road so I cut the ignition off quick and the headlights went off too. Really neat except it was 10 pm at night. :uh:

wp

carotman
09-15-2010, 07:00 AM
There's a chime/bell that reminds you to turn off the headlights if you leave then On when you remove the key from the ignition.

Is this chime still working?

dustinksmith
09-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Dating myself a little here I had a 1981 VW rabbit, test driving with a friend and the owner one night to buy. The throttle stuck wide open on a narrow dirt road so I cut the ignition off quick and the headlights went off too. Really neat except it was 10 pm at night. :uh:

wp

I have sucked a priece of metal through my intake in my '84 Saab. Stuck the throttle plate open at wot. That was fun on a residential street. It is still in my intake manifold somewhere.

@shyboy. And they wouldn't be up 24/7 they would be Working just as normal. Just when I shut the car off they would turn off and close.

@carotman I don't believe it works. At least I don't remember hearin it at all any of the times I have left them on.

Dr_Snooz
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I've never understood why the lights stay on when you turn off the car. It makes no sense to me.

CzEcHy
09-15-2010, 07:16 PM
There's a chime/bell that reminds you to turn off the headlights if you leave then On when you remove the key from the ignition.

Is this chime still working?

That chime is not only helpful, it also makes me want to blow up my car if listening to it for extended periods of time.

Pico
09-15-2010, 07:27 PM
the chime is irritating but has saved my battery many times

charliekuney
09-15-2010, 07:34 PM
The sensor in the door has failed on three of my four cars. Replace it from a junkyard.

Oldblueaccord
09-16-2010, 09:20 AM
I've never understood why the lights stay on when you turn off the car. It makes no sense to me.

Well with my wifes its not the daylight running lights its the actually headlights that are on if you leave the switch on the on position. I dont really get the purpose either.

But she wishes it did have that feature where the headlights stay on a min after the car is off. She comes home when its dark its a nice safety feature.

I think the interior lights stay on after the doors shut and fade out. I always wonder how the do the fade thing.

wp