PDA

View Full Version : 89 Accord DX bumper lights

pink_sleeve
09-15-2010, 11:44 PM
How do you get the lights out of the bumper? I'm not seeing any screws or bolts? Also when the lights are on should these be on or should they only function when the turn signal is activated?

Civic Accord Honda
09-15-2010, 11:55 PM
from under the fog coverrs if i recall or under the end of bumper grill, look up and ur see a little white plastic thing with a philps scerw in it, and they are only supposed to flash with turn signal unless u get the JDM ones lol

pink_sleeve
09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out today.

JDM???

charliekuney
09-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Japanese Domestic Market. Honda is Japanese, therefor in Japan these cars are the shit, but in the United States, they're shit. CAH mistook JDM for modified dual-filament bulbs.

Do you have a hatch/aerodeck or '86/'87 sedan (pre-facelift)? If so, there are two screws in the front of the lense in the bumper.

If you have a coupe or an '88/'89 sedan (facelift), CAH mentioned removing the fog light fillers and fiding the one screw.

pink_sleeve
09-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Japanese Domestic Market. Honda is Japanese, therefor in Japan these cars are the shit, but in the United States, they're shit. CAH mistook JDM for modified dual-filament bulbs.

Do you have a hatch/aerodeck or '86/'87 sedan (pre-facelift)? If so, there are two screws in the front of the lense in the bumper.

If you have a coupe or an '88/'89 sedan (facelift), CAH mentioned removing the fog light fillers and fiding the one screw.

I wish i had an aerodeck or hatch... It's just an 89 coupe... So if i put dual filament bulbs in there the should be on whenever the lights are on as well as function as turn signals correct?

charliekuney
09-16-2010, 06:18 PM
^ You can't just put the bulbs in. You have to modify and rewire. Check the how-to's.