PDA

View Full Version : 3gee stretch limo

JohnDriver
09-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I only get on this board once in a while,its been fun but I may sell my 87 accord limo.. :sadwave: I posted it on the clist for sale section.
I kinda hope it wont sell so I can get it closer to being finished(the way I wanted it) lol

danny nr crew
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
how much?

phrenology
09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Someone on here needs it badly!!! We could have such a meet in that thing! Come on members let's pony up and buy that ride so we can live it up!!! :flash:

Here are some moar Limos Honda Style...scroll down to see the 3G.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?294859-THIS-HONDA-gt-*

A18A
09-16-2010, 06:44 PM
lol wow that accord in that link is in need of a lot of tlc

phrenology
09-16-2010, 06:51 PM
lol wow that accord in that link is in need of a lot of tlc Yeah he wants $4K USD for it too. He posted it in another thread. It sounds like it needs a lot of work.

A18A
09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
for that price you could probably buy a mint accord & convert it into a even better limo lol

phrenology
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
for that price you could probably buy a mint accord & convert it into a even better limo lol

I ain't bashin' him but that's too much even for a custom job like that. I'm just waiting for 2015 when hover conversion kits will be available for our Accords!!!

BrittanyBug29
09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
dang i bet that took a lot of time lol

phrenology
09-16-2010, 07:17 PM
If we don't get hover conversions in 2015 like in BTF II I'm gonna have to sue the gov't... :rant:

HERBERT
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
sue the government for something they didnt make???

phrenology
09-16-2010, 07:30 PM
sue the government for something they didnt make???

No you know how all the conspiracy theorists are...no electric cars, no death ray guns, where are the UFOs ??? I wanna know where our damn hover conversion kits are...:hmph:

danny nr crew
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
hey i know u want 4k for it but would u take my hatchback and do a straight trade?

JohnDriver
09-18-2010, 07:20 PM
well to be honest, I really dont want to part with it but im building an 8 door checker aerobus, and in all the time ive had the accord limo I havent found anything close for sale. the owner of the limousine company that bought out the guys I used to drive for .anyhow has an identical copy of mine(but nicer) he dropped 10K on in 2002. there are only a couple close cars(no 3 gee) for twice the price on the net.
found an 85 accord limo for $8000.00
http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1985_Honda_Accord_94707473_4
and a 1987 corolla limo for $8000.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641061450&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
and a crappy stock lx goes for 1500 or 2K here in dfw if it runs..
if you have ever cut a car in half (I have.a 5.0 lx rear end coll.) it is no picnic
most converters start at ten grand to do a stretch..
I guess this car just is what it is..
I would really like a carbon fiber hood and deck lid for it..lol

danny nr crew
09-19-2010, 04:53 PM
so would u be willing to trade my 1986 accord lxi hatchback? not perfect but pretty damn good

JohnDriver
09-19-2010, 06:51 PM
so would u be willing to trade my 1986 accord lxi hatchback? not perfect but pretty damn good

uh,well either "do I really need to answer that" or no thanks,really

w261w261
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm sure to the right person your car is a good deal. The question is, is there 1 or zero "right persons" on this planet? I go for zero.

JohnDriver
09-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm sure to the right person your car is a good deal. The question is, is there 1 or zero "right persons" on this planet? I go for zero.

jealousy rears its ugly head...lol you people are way to serious on here..
IT IS JUST A CAR.. but its MY car.. looks like it will stay that way for a while..
im ok with that.. wait till your 3gee gets smashed up by some moron and the insurance man tells you your precious 80s honda is only worth 500 bucks and if you dont like it you can call your lawyer.. dont laugh my 68 mustang was only worth 600 in93 when it got totaled ..everything is subjective.. and my car is still priced at half of what those other stretch cars are listed at and im the a hole? thanks for the reality check... I think.. :rockon:

gtmst3
09-20-2010, 02:34 AM
hey if it makes you feel any better i think your car is awesome and i would love to have it

2oodoor
09-20-2010, 03:38 AM
jealousy rears its ugly head...lol you people are way to serious on here..
IT IS JUST A CAR.. but its MY car.. looks like it will stay that way for a while..
im ok with that.. wait till your 3gee gets smashed up by some moron and the insurance man tells you your precious 80s honda is only worth 500 bucks and if you dont like it you can call your lawyer.. dont laugh my 68 mustang was only worth 600 in93 when it got totaled ..everything is subjective.. and my car is still priced at half of what those other stretch cars are listed at and im the a hole? thanks for the reality check... I think.. :rockon:

I agree, and if your car was done right then it certainly is difficult to put a price on it. There is a tremendous amount of labor in a design build such as that, often under appreciated.

2ndGenGuy
09-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh man. I would love to have a 3gee limo if I had a garage sized appropriately enough. That would be the fucking party-mobile!

2oodoor
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh man. I would love to have a 3gee limo if I had a garage sized appropriately enough. That would be the fucking party-mobile!

guess you didnt see the 2nd gen limo

phrenology
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM

That's 80s stylin' right there...where is the compartment for the mirrors and blow? :squint:

JohnDriver
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I am a collector of unloved/misunderstood cars.. I know this.
everyone loves the checker taxi, but most people think its a 50s chevy,
everyone loves the bradley gt but think its an old lambo or ferrari,
everyone thinks my lincoln versailles is a granada..
and my chevy luvs, well no one cares other than is it 350v8
everyone loves the honda limo but think its a newer civic .
.or they laugh hysterically
no i mean painfully, some day I may have to perform cpr or just kick them when they are down.lol
so other than mistaken identity its a hard life er love of misunderstood vehicles,most grunt with disdain when told what my cars really are
most of which are extremely low production
the checkers often seen were still low production by detroit standards and were used up and crushed in great numbers most valued at 2-4k
bradley gt was the first sucessful kit car(manx was not a car) still only thousands were made.valued at $200-4k conditionally,most are disassembled
the versailles 78-81 was a failure other than parts cars for mustangs
1981 production of 4784 cars valued $1200-5k
dunno bout luvs always one in a field. $200-3k
uh,uh,3rd gen accord stretch.. production numbers,what production. these were hand assembled by professional coachbuilders. it was the 80s and gas was still high and prices unstable. there had to be a better car for transporting small groups that was not only inexpensive but fuel efficient.
the accord limo cost half of what a caddy/linc. cost including the custom work .and doubled the gas mileage to boot, from what I have researched it had 14 miles on it when it was cut in half(most all limos are cuts) was sent to calif. as a tourist car.then went to dallas.
where I got it in trade for my ford ranger splash.
valued at 4k . I looked for values to see what this car was worth, yeah good luck theres the gray one (no price) and the two 80s import stretch cars are priced at $8000.00 and recently another 85 accord for $7k
so I come to the mecca that is 3geez on the newbie board no less,to a bunch of disrespectful half cocked comments,thanks for the other positive feedback
I'm on five other boards and havent been flamed for being an idiot.
where did I go wrong? if 4k is too high where does the 3rd gen fanclub think the bar should be set? realistically .or is it Im selling it mid, recesion
and prices for non essential goods are in the toilet. I mean every day I drive it Im asked is it for sale. but no one wants to pay anything for it $50 bucks anyone.. ok im off my soapbox,please forgive and forget thx...

JohnDriver
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM

oh and it is the same length as a ex cab long bed truck. fits in a regular space at the mall and fits most garages..fyi

2ndGenGuy
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM

:-o

I've seen the 1st gen limos. Honda Factory built. I believe that Sochiro attended some events in them. But never a 2nd gen. That one would look sick, slammed with some LS meshies on it! :rofl: I dunno about that big silver cover, I'd rather have windows all across like JohnDriver's 3gee.

2ndGenGuy
09-20-2010, 02:47 PM
oh and it is the same length as a ex cab long bed truck. fits in a regular space at the mall and fits most garages..fyi

Hint, hint eh? :D

My garage is painfully full at the moment, unfortunately. :(

stat1K
09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
where are these pics?

danny nr crew
09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
i was just wondering man cause it would be so freaking sweet to have an accord limo they difinetly make heads turn but love the car man i would say keep it

JohnDriver
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I gotta say,im experiencing high anxiety over the sale of this car. :nuts:
I love it and it could be so much more. I feel like im neglecting it and I have so many other projects, including a 69 checker 8 door aerobus that will be a nice limo some day. I guess I may just start driving it again, kinda motivate myself to do some more with it. my plant closed,so now I have the time but no money.
guess when I find some work again. ill go ahead and farm some of the work out to be done.

danny nr crew
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
well since no more work im guessing ur gonna need some money so if u really have to then i would sell it but hey u should really do a whole photoshot of the outside and inside of the car im really interested in how it all looks inside and out

89T
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd experience high anxiety as long as the price went up.

JohnDriver
09-21-2010, 06:10 PM
heres the link to my ebay sale. it has lots of pics.
and as a bonus I f i keep it ill ill do a complete build thread on it. here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300469095724&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_ from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m39.l1313%26_nkw%3D30 0469095724%26_sacat%3D%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

hey does anyone know where to find carbon fiber hoods and deck lids,possibly fenders for an 87 4dr
also lookin for clear taillights

2ndGenGuy
09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh man, it's carb'd. You need some Weber sidedrafts! :D

danny nr crew
09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
ey 2ndgenguy at least its a manual lol
but sweet pics some flaws on it but still freaking sweet i would be playing video games in the back seat all the time of watch a movie lol

O HELLA OEM
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
i dont see any pics?

bryan6732
09-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Like it.. Needs some labor :)

2oodoor
09-23-2010, 03:34 AM
wow that thing does need some work but has a LOT of potential to be a bad ass ride. Updates and reconditioniong here and there would pay off well. I certainly would want the funeral home look gone so no torchiers or vinyl top
I bet thet thing would do a hell of a burnout if you could get it loose!
It would be a fine candidate for a B20A w/ automatic swap. Man seeing the various shots of it really is inspiring...
One thing that is cool is the original fabric being used, but then on the other hand I love a custom interior.. it would be a tough decision to make about changing materials for the upgrade.
I love it!

JohnDriver
09-23-2010, 09:38 AM
I guess im a visionary.lol I can see so much in this car,but im trying not to go to far in any one direction.
I want to find a stock sei leather seat set(or oem recovers) or the charcoal/tan interior so the exterior color choice wont be limited.now its burgundy or gray scale(black/white some kinda gray) i hate the white its got at least 2 coats of white. in the limo world white=wedding, black=funeral any actual color means i have more money than you. im thinking black cherry or burgandy with the current int. but if I can find a clean parts car, it will open up more choices. also all stretch cars have a vinyl roof for a reason,the bodywork on the roof will always crack out due to flex stress, so I decided to do a theme of black carbon fiber look vinyl for the roof and real carbon on the side panels and carbon fiber hood and deck, so a dark color will help it loose the skunk stripe effect(or the prison stripes it wears now).

as far as the engine/trans I love the stick, but most people cant drive a 7000lb honda the guy I got it from thought it was some kinda race car and 3 clutches later I got it. going on 3 years and still the same clutch for me, the trick,feather it until it catches ease off the gas till it bites good then sloooowly acelerate at a few mph you can stand on the gas and the cluth will slip. I have never driven a stock honda 5 spd so I have no preconceived notion of what the clutch action should be.
again the car is what it is.lol
as far as engine, I would like some more torque and im leaning toward a fuel injection swap,but I will checkout the weber sidedraft setup.
as it is I have 2 years till it drops off the emissions standard in tx .

any of you guys that have a plan for this car in your head,feel free to share.
I had been wanting to take to some import shows to see what the people in the scene think should happen to this car.
to be quite honest I firmly believe that I do not own this car but merely take care of it till the next person picks up the torch. :bow:

JohnDriver
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
i dont see any pics?

check these links
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1942111199.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300469095724&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_ from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m39.l1313%26_nkw%3D30 0469095724%26_sacat%3D%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Legend_master
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I still want to come check this car out. That's so cool that somebody took the time to do that to a 3G. If I was makin bank I would definitely make that my Limo of choice. Put some 17's , paint solid black, Turbo LX-i swap, full suspension, and a facelift! That thing would be big pimpin. You need to put some pictures up on the craigslist add, you would surprised at how many people skim over if there is no pic. If you meet me in Arlington, Ill take some pics for you, and even host them. That would give me a chance to check it out!

JohnDriver
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I still want to come check this car out. That's so cool that somebody took the time to do that to a 3G. If I was makin bank I would definitely make that my Limo of choice. Put some 17's , paint solid black, Turbo LX-i swap, full suspension, and a facelift! That thing would be big pimpin. You need to put some pictures up on the craigslist add, you would surprised at how many people skim over if there is no pic. If you meet me in Arlington, Ill take some pics for you, and even host them. That would give me a chance to check it out!

funny,the 1st pic on the clist post(there are 4) is with 18s on it, I still have them but i lowered it 2 more inches(not on purpose) and they rub so I found a pimp set of 2000 civic si option wheels 15" look factory on it(it came with 13inchers new.lol and would love to get together so someone who knows the 3gee so well could really give it the once over. im going to tinker with the carb next week, I have the factory manual set. i mean it cant get worse(other than not to run at all) :toilet: