PDA

View Full Version : Final Drive or manual trans from DX/LX

EPcivic
09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I am looking to swap the 3.78 final drive from a carb'd Accord into an Integra transmission I run in my racecar to get a higher top speed in 2nd gear. I have read here about people using the Integra 4.24 final drive or complete gearset in the Accord transmissions, so I am hoping that the opposite is possible too.

I am looking to buy either a complete transmission, or the gear shafts and ring gear from one. I would also be willing to trade an Integra countershaft 7 ring gear for the Accord one. I am in NW Ohio.

I figured it was worth checking here before heading to the junk yards in search of a transmission.

The car this is for is an 86 Civic that I have been autocrossing for many years. This car has one the National Championship two times, and placed 5th last week at Nationals in Lincoln, NE. It has also been featured in Grassroots Motorsports magazine a couple of years ago. If anyone can help me out, at least you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that your parts are going on a semi-famous and very successful racecar.

Thanks - Chris

Vanilla Sky
09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
From one GRM guy to another, I'll keep an eye out. Are you going to be at the Challenge?