PDA

View Full Version : Low-beam headlight problem

Haxxorz
09-18-2010, 01:23 AM
So randomly it seemed, one of my low-beams went out. So I thought it was bulb, but when i replaced both; one side still didn't work. Checked the fuses and the one blows whenever i try and put another in. What's your ideas? short somewhere...but where?!? I've been a jerk and just drove with brights everywhere in town haha.

Accordian88
09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
check to see if your wire harness is loose behind the eyelid/mount. might be rubbing/binding enough to break a wire. ??

charliekuney
09-18-2010, 09:14 AM
^ Also, that thing gets covered in that yellow goo. Clean it off.

Haxxorz
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Also if can throw something out, both my high-beams work fine. I kinda feel like its not the connection then, ya know? All i know for sure is the left low beam will usually work and the right will blow a fuse everytime i try it. immediately

car6289
09-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Most likely wire(s) behind right headlight bucket are broken and shorting out. Had same problem on my old 87. On my present 89 I have never retracted the headlights, they're always open and have never had any headlight wiring issues. I don't even know if the retractor motors even function anymore.

AccordEpicenter
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Most likely wire(s) behind right headlight bucket are broken and shorting out.

this

charliekuney
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Also if can throw something out, both my high-beams work fine. I kinda feel like its not the connection then, ya know?

One plug, three holes/connections. High, low, ground. If the low goes out, and the ground and high-beam doesn't, the high-beams won't be affected. Like I said, clean them, and like someone else said, check for a solid connection.

Haxxorz
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Alright I'll get on that. Thanks guys for the input. Let ya know if I can figure out where the problem is