PDA

View Full Version : Power windows slow??

King Peetis
09-18-2010, 07:33 AM
My driver side window goes up and down like Apollo 11 but my passenger side window creeps like a thief in the night. What’s up with the windows? Do I have to live with this or is it an easy fix like replacing a regulator or something??

Dr_Snooz
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Try lubing things up real good first. Oil all the pivots, grease the gears and hit the felt guides with silicone spray. If that doesn't work, replace the regulator.

Pico
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Agreed,
Clean the track and grease them up real good, mine was like that when I first got her

King Peetis
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Try lubing things up real good first. Oil all the pivots, grease the gears and hit the felt guides with silicone spray. If that doesn't work, replace the regulator.

Agreed,
Clean the track and grease them up real good, mine was like that when I first got her

I greased everything and granted, its much better but still takes about 10 seconds to go up and just a couple to come down. I going to assume its the regulator. Thanks fellas

2oodoor
09-19-2010, 05:54 AM
you can try this, jump the motor to direct battery power and see if it goes any faster. That will tell you if you are gettng a voltage drop thru the relays, switches, and control box or if you have a motor/regulator issue.