PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for FI swap?

Xaisk
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
I searched for some threads about this and tryed to view carotmans guide but it wouldnt load.

Im off this weekend and I want to go to the junkyard and pull some fuel injectors for a swap.

What all do I need to pull while im there?

I already know I need:

Wire Harness
Injectors
TB
Intake manifold
Fuel Pump
ECU

Someone wanna chime in with a complete list of what to pull while im there?

Thanks.

Xaisk
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Ok no need for you guys to post. Carotman fixed his link =D

Sorry if I sometimes make threads that end up in duds. Delete it if you see it admins.

89T
09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
tisk tisk another wasteful thread.

Dr_Snooz
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Carotman's link has been broken for some time. It's the definitive guide to the swap, so I'm glad it's working again.

Xaisk
09-20-2010, 03:00 PM
ugh spent 4 hours in the junkyard trying to pull a set from a prelude. (intake manifold and TB)

I had no luck. No tool I had in my arsenal could have got the 2 bolts under the manifold to engineblock. Got em all of. I tryed under the car, couldnt get the socket even alone to fit because the manifolds shape. Tryed a wrench and I couldnt get that on because something was blocking the way (Dont remember what, about to heat stroke off) Hood droppde on my head and I was laying down and sat up right into the oil drain bolt.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How do you guys get these intake bolts off? the bottom 2 middle ones?

I wanna be prepared for next time

A18A
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
they are quite hard to get to, i think most people use a swivel socket thingy. i managed to get mine with just a normal socket though lol. maybe you should just get a b16a manifold instead haha

Xaisk
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Tryed my swivel. I couldnt get the socket to fit around the bolt. It wouldnt squeeze inbetween the bolt and the manifold

_
O

Pretend the - is the manifold and the O is the bolt. The socket wouldnt fit inbetween the - and O

Which left me trying a wrench. Something was blocking the wrench too. I think it was the oil filter mouth area. It kept me from putting the wrench on it all the way so when I turned it, it rounded the edges of the bolt slightly.

Im tempted to buy bolt cutters and cut all the bolts off since I dont need them.

Honestly I dont think that will work though because bolt cutters will probally be to big :rofl:

when I do my FI swap I want to use complete stock parts, If I use any aftermarket it might alter the fuel flow and cause me to have to tune it. I dont have the software yet so I want to wait and get that before I start putting ANY aftermarket stuff on the PGM-FI

Dr_Snooz
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
It's easiest to pull the engine or the head. Even then, they're difficult.

Xaisk
09-21-2010, 10:23 AM
omg im stupid. I didnt even think of pulling the head......... SHOOT ME!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well next time I go I know how to get it. I could have got it off if I had room to maneuver my wrench.

Xaisk
09-22-2010, 07:46 AM
hate to double post.

I know the dual stage intake comes from 88-89 accord..

What about other models like ludes and civics? any chance they come on those to?

(edit) A18A are the B16 ones dual stage too? I might be able to come across some of those in the JY.

I specifically dont want the non DS intake, so im researching stuff.