PDA

View Full Version : sounds like sloshing water in the dash

pink_sleeve
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Is it normal when the heat is on and the blower is on for it to sound like the water is sloshing in the dash under acceleration? it only makes the noise when the heat is on with the blower working????

InAccordance
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
well, the heater core is under the dash and you do have coolant flowing through it... may be involved in that.
check coolant level lately?

pink_sleeve
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah the coolant has been going low. The floor hasn't been wet though and the heat works fine. I was thinking heater core also : ( but I thought if it was leaking the heat either would not be working or the floors would be wet? It only makes the noise when the vent is open for the heat to be working.

pink_sleeve
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
I haven't owned the car that long and have only noticed the noise since it has been cool enough to run the heat or defroster sometimes now.

pink_sleeve
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Also there hasn't been any coolant smell withtin the car

w261w261
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Probably air in the coolant. Check for leaks...you can look for them, or borrow a pump from autozone that attaches to the radiator and pressurizes the system. Hopefully no white vapor in the exhaust after warm-up.

Bleed the system to get rid of the entrained air. Search on here to find out how.

pink_sleeve
09-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks. I did just replace the bypass inlet hose. The one that runs from the thermostat to the back of the intake. So I was thinking there was air in the system now. What is the right way to try bleeding it with the bleed valve?

Roofy
09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Fill up the radiator with coolant. Start it and let it get to operating temperature. crack open the bleeder and let the coolant run out, as its running out, take the radiator cap off and keep filling the radiator . I did this on a friend's 94 Civic, and went through two gallons of coolant before all the air was out of the system, but it worked. :)

Xaisk
09-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Honestly I never bled mine, and I need to replace my heater core.

If i run it with the heat on itll leak out in a gas state, not water on my floor.

Not a big deal right now though as its WAY too hot here now =(

Your issue could be similiar but IDK.

Is there any negative consequence from not bleeding the coolant system?

InAccordance
09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
the whole system is presurrized, if you have an air bubble, it can create hotspots anywhere the bubble travels or is stuck... which can equal bad things.

phrenology
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm as good with diagnosing HVAC and cooling issues, as Dr. Nick from the Simpsons is with patients, so I would have to say that you have surf nazis in your dash board.

:toilet: Bye everybody!

Oldblueaccord
09-24-2010, 06:01 AM
If you have been running your AC you might have water built up in the box. There is a rubber tube that run to the outside of the car. You can see it by the passenger feet well hook to the evpaotator box. it gets clogged sometimes.

wp

Xaisk
09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Please if you take the evap out, MAKE SURE YOU PUSH THAT TUBE THRU THE FIREWALL.. I forgot to, and overnight it leaked water all in my car.. the water got all brown and nasty and mildewy and I had to pull my carpet and sound dampener out. Going to have to replace those now. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!!