PDA

View Full Version : different direction in the coupe ITB on b20a

mykwikcoupe
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I bought a modified ITB from a fellow board member and decided I'm tired of waiting to be able to afford the rest the turbo project. This being said I decided to go back to a NA build but I want to do it in style with the best benefits. I was thinking I could just keep the victor x b16 intake on it and use a larger TB but it seems that's not the best sounding or best working setups these days.

I just bought a brand new in box set of GSXR 750 set of ITBs. I need a base plate for the filter pods and I'm going to use a foam filter that covers all 4 bodies.

The B20a will need a full exhaust. Ive got a stock 2.25 header but should I keep the 2.25 all the way back or increase higher or lower? Do I keep the cat or replace with a resonator? I want a dual exit style muffler. Low drone not to loud, throaty but no rattly fart cannons. any thoughts

The B20a currently has mild cams, nothing great just better then the stock. Not currently installed so would stock be better? Ive got stock injectors would it help to increase to a small set of 450 dsm?

The coupe is already wired for OBD1, tuned with crome, might go to neptune on my next tune session though. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice? Thanks Ill keep posted with pics as the build progresses slowly

mykwikcoupe
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
How I plan to modify http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/index.html

mykwikcoupe
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
!st manifold is welded up. I need to grind a bit more but its looking decent. I sent the ITBs off with the second manifold so i will need those back before tuning. I picked up a very nice stainless magnaflow from a fellow member. The exhaust needs completion and tune with a wideband and Itll be set.