PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs?

88lxi-shortram
09-20-2010, 06:22 AM
i read the article on lowering the cars but its from '02 so maybe peoples advice could change over 8 years lol but anyways i was browsing around and found the 70$lowering spring and im on a tight budget and was wondering if these would work so heres the link:
http://www.nopi.com/dsp_parts.php?vsubpcdesc=Suspension | Springs - Performance/Lowering

charliekuney
09-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Nothing showed for me.

88lxi-shortram
09-20-2010, 10:45 AM
dam... i guess the link was bad... but the company is called number1.. never heard of them but its beter than cutting springs

MessyHonda
09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah but stock shocks will blow and tokicos are only good till about a 1.5 inch drop anything lower than that will just make them blow out faster

88lxi-shortram
09-22-2010, 05:56 AM
so waht kind of shocks sould i buy? and were can i get them a an affordable price?

markmdz89hatch
09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
messy, I'm sorry to sound like a broken record (I say it to you because I know you've seen me post this for years).

...anyway.

The sad truth about this is that "lowering the car the right (read: safe) way" and "lowering a car on a tight budget" are two statements that really don't lead you down the same path.

Here's a few questions that need to be asked:

How low do you want to go?
Why do you want to lower the car? (ie. for looks, performance, or both)
Is this going to be on stock wheels or aftermarket? (if aftermarket, what size?)
Do you plan on replacing the shocks with new? (if yes: what's your budget on shocks?) (if no: answer next question)
How old are, and how many miles on, the shocks currently on the car?
What is the purpose of this car? (ie. daily driving, daily driving with some auto-crossing, cheap track car, etc.)

Answer those and we'll go from there. Based on your answers I'll give you an idea of what (IMO) you should do and what you should look to spend. (And yes, the costs will be all over the map, ranging from free to thousands of dollars.)

Accordian88
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I paid 225 for my HR springs with a 1.5 drop, and got kyb rear shocks for 50, the fronts were a bit more if i recall correctly.
$350-400 should be a good estimate plus installation.
ride quality is different for everyone it seems, i like the way mine rides.

88lxi-shortram
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
the springs i can afford are a 2.5 drop

looks are the main reason because i think my springs are mismatched because the right front side is higher than everywhere else

it will be on stock wheels until i get my new 15" rewinds

as far as shocks go im not sure of the age and i just want a DD that looks good and has a little "spunk". i dont want 300 HP or anything jus a fun DD.

Vanilla Sky
09-22-2010, 09:34 PM
If questionable springs are all you can afford, find some good stock replacements. Serious.