PDA

View Full Version : sunroof leaking under heavy rain

wolgerine
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
My sunroof started leaking yesterday, I guess it never this hard during the summer months. It's leaking from the rear, so I'm guessing the rear drain tubes are clogged. Is there write-up available on how to remedy this problem?

charliekuney
09-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes, search. I think people attached a pipe cleaner to the end of a hanger or something. Maybe use Plumbr? hahaha

ShyBoyCA6
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Well find the tubes and clean em out lol you don't need a write up for that haha probably just have build up dirt in there

Pico
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Frt tube located behind the lower ft kick panels
Rr. tubes located in the truck behind the side panels
If you have a compressor you can blow them out with air and a extension nozzle

wolgerine
09-21-2010, 12:56 AM
What about the roof itself, how do you fix it from leaking?

w261w261
09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
The sunroof is not leaking, it is not made to be watertight. That's what the drains are for.

See this post. Use a panel removing tool to take out the buttons in the trunk as a screwdriver will mess them up. You can get one at Autozone, looks like a very broad forked screwdriver that has a bend in the end.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43570&highlight=sunroof

Learn to search. That way you can answer your questions without having to wait for people to respond. Also, on simple questions like this, where there are lots of previous posts, many people are tired of spoon-feeding, so they don't answer at all.

nswst8
09-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't to crazy with the compress air, you can detach the tube from the liner outlet nozzle. A can of copressed air is more likely not detach the lines.

You might have to pull the liner down to clean the debris, the headliner is designed to hold water until it can exit thru the outlet nozzles, which is why there are 4 of them. It is real simple, don't make it out to be a mountain of a job. Just alittle time consuming.