PDA

View Full Version : Help it wont turn over for awhile

va_nig_rawr
09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
88 accord lxi 4door
Ok my problem is that my car won't turn over when I insert the key and turn it u can see the rpm go up to maybe 100 then instantley back down to zero with out turning over after doing that constently (turning the key to start the car) it'll turn over a little bit buut then shut off. But after awhile of doing that it'll finally turn over and start could it be the starter?

va_nig_rawr
09-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Bump....anyone? Please ? Lol

stephensimmons
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Bump....anyone? Please ? Lol

CHeck all your battery connections first. MAke sure all of them are clean and tight even the ground! And if all thats good then the starter is bad. Check the cables at the back of the starter to.

va_nig_rawr
09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah my batter is fine so are the termanials need to check my ground though but if its none of the termanils or ground then its the starter correct?

stephensimmons
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah my batter is fine so are the termanials need to check my ground though but if its none of the termanils or ground then its the starter correct?

Yes sir sounds like it!

Xaisk
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I had the same issue when I was getting mine running again awhile back. It turned out to be a ground.

The ground that connects from engine block to frame was the culprit. Take the ground wire off, file both ends down nice and clean, then file down the area where it connects to the frame. If paint or rust are on the frame it will prevent grounding.

If that doesnt work, then take it to an auto parts store like O reilly auto or advance. They test starters for free. Starter has to be removed from the vehicle though.