PDA

View Full Version : Good affordable pads and rebuilding brake calipers.

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2010, 12:46 PM
so yeah the 4gees pads are shot (SCREEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH) so its time to get them replaced next month and im not going to spend bank taking it in lol.. im pretty sure the calipers are dragging and there the originals with 300k on them so i think its a good time to rebuild them lol and if i looked up the right parts its only like a $5 kit per a side (correct me if im wrong please)

anyone recommend any good pads for around $30-$40?

and anyone ever rebuild there calipers? if so i could use an idea of how its done.

nfs480
09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd get some pads from Rockauto for cheap and would probably just get reman calipers.

EDIT: Looks like Rockauto has calipers as cheap as $23.

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I'd get some pads from Rockauto for cheap and would probably just get reman calipers.

EDIT: Looks like Rockauto has calipers as cheap as $23.

they only have the left at that price :(

i dont really want to put alot in to the car.. lol but i like decent pads. lol rebuilding the calipers sounds like the best route but not sure really whats involved so was hoping somone on here has done it lol

nfs480
09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
If the calipers are just dragging you could probably just get away with regreasing the slide pins with lithium grease and just replace the pads.

nswst8
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM
If the piston seals are still good no leaks, just clean with warm soapy water (Dawn) and a tooth brush. Regrease the pins and you are good.

Civic Accord Honda
09-23-2010, 12:00 AM
If the calipers are just dragging you could probably just get away with regreasing the slide pins with lithium grease and just replace the pads.

If the piston seals are still good no leaks, just clean with warm soapy water (Dawn) and a tooth brush. Regrease the pins and you are good.

there not leaking or anything, just draging a bit ( i know the right tire is much harder to turn then left but there both harder to turn then most cars and the rims get a pretty hot)

hopefully regrease and clean will help! i dont think any of the ruber seals are bad they were good last time i had them off

charliekuney
09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I got the "expensive" ($50/pair) brand from O-Reily's and they've already kept me out of two accidents. :D

nfs480
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I got the "expensive" ($50/pair) brand from O-Reily's and they've already kept me out of two accidents. :D

I've got the same ones, working great.

Civic Accord Honda
09-23-2010, 03:37 PM
ill check out kragen/oreilys for 4g prices! hopefully there around the same