PDA

View Full Version : TV cable with weber

InAccordance
09-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Ok, so I think I have a solution for you guys with automatics and want to go with the weber carb,
What I did was to use a throttle pulley from an accord Fi WITH dual stage intake. Reason being, this particular linkage has a double sided pulley... throttle cable pulls from the front, which in turn pulls a cable that is routed from the back.
I'll get a pic up later once it gets brighter outside, but i've got it kinda ghetto'd up right now, wanted to make sure it works before I go and make a permanent fixture.
The only problem I have with it right now is that it makes the trottle really stiff, and you have to adjust the TV cable on the trans end to compensate.
but it does work :thumbup:

InAccordance
09-24-2010, 04:10 AM
annnnnd a pic... keep in mind this is just ghetto rigged as an experiment :beer:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/Gassyboygopoo/th_DSCN0397.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/Gassyboygopoo/?action=view&current=DSCN0397.jpg)

2oodoor
09-24-2010, 05:58 AM
I never thought of that but making the thottle stiff? I dunnno

I like the kind with the cable going to the gas pedal.

A20A1
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
If it's pulling from an odd angle then it can make the throttle seem stiffer. Otherwise if cables are lined up nicely then the only real resistance should be from the return spring.

Definitely work on the bracket holding the TV cable, I've tried similar setups and they all came loose over time from using a single mounting bolt w/ split-lock washer or slowly bent out of shape.

carotman
10-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Most automatic FI Accords have this setup

I think that the best thing you ca do is use a dual throttle cable that has a separate cable for the transmission directly on the pedal.

InAccordance
10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
@a20a1 - yea, I will end up making a stronger bracket and such to hold it in place better, this was just an experiment to see if it would work. Right now it does come in at an odd angle which explains the throttle stiffness. Once I get a bracket made that shouldnt be a problem. Personally though I rather like the stiff throttle, but that's just personal preference.

@carrotman - My intention was to make it as simple as possible without having to modify anything other than creating a simple bracket.
Maybe it's just the area I live in, but I couldnt find an accord with the pedal setup, I tromped through every local jy in the area and they are all linked to the carb.