PDA

View Full Version : Heater Hose ?

pink_sleeve
09-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Does anybody know the name of the hose that would be coming out of number 18 in this diagram?

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=2DR+DX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=WATER+PUMP+-+THERMOSTAT&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=Engine

Is it any of the hoses that advance auto parts sells?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&searchTerm=heater+hose#storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&searchTerm=heater+hose&pageId=ajaxPartList&category=&l1_categoryId=&l2_categoryId=&partType=&facetFields=mfrName_exact%2CpriceBucket%2Cclearanc e%2Csale%2Cl1_category%2Cl2_category%2Cpart_type&beginIndex=20&sortBy=4&pageSize=20&filters=&selectedPartNumber=&qty=1&ship2HomeClicked=

lostforawhile
09-25-2010, 06:12 AM
how did you tear that up? no it's not something they can get, try the dealer but it's probably discontinued, your best bet will be a junkyard, it's a very heavy walled steel pipe, you will need a big pipe wrench to unscrew it from the head, be prepared for a lot of cussing because it has a lot of threads, you will probably need to remove everything around it first including the thermostat housing ,so you have clearance. It's an oddball fine thread, it's not a pipe thread, so you will need to use some sort of liquid thread sealer when it's reinstalled. I think it's a straight brittish thread. the dizzy has to come off, so be prepared to get a new O ring for it, cheap at the dealer only, the thermostat housing gasket can come from the auto parts store, as well as the o ring that seals the thermostat cover. since it's coming off, and you will lose a bunch of coolant, go ahead and put in a new thermostat

pink_sleeve
09-25-2010, 09:32 AM
It is not the metal pipe that is leaking. There is a rubber hose connected to the end of it that runs back to the firewall and runs into the heater core inlet? The rubber hose is leaking where it connects and it is running down onto the egr valve pipe and smoking off the header.

lostforawhile
09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
It is not the metal pipe that is leaking. There is a rubber hose connected to the end of it that runs back to the firewall and runs into the heater core inlet? The rubber hose is leaking where it connects and it is running down onto the egr valve pipe and smoking off the header.

thats just ordinary heater hose,nothing special

ecogabriel
09-29-2010, 07:22 PM

I got mine from Rockauto.com but they should be available at a regular parts store.
I believe it is either 1/2" or 5/8" but I am not sure you can use regular unmolded hose; the molded hose is not that expensive (around $10 give or take a couple of bucks)
Does it go straight to the heater or to the heater valve? You may use that description to get the right hose: "engine to heater" if it goes that way fror instance.

pink_sleeve
09-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I got mine from Rockauto.com but they should be available at a regular parts store.
I believe it is either 1/2" or 5/8" but I am not sure you can use regular unmolded hose; the molded hose is not that expensive (around $10 give or take a couple of bucks)
Does it go straight to the heater or to the heater valve? You may use that description to get the right hose: "engine to heater" if it goes that way fror instance.

Thanks my local Advance auto parts let me look in the back and they just so happened to have the exact hose. :bow: