PDA

View Full Version : dual-filament REAR turn signals?

charliekuney
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Is it possible to do the same wiring/modifications as the front for dual-filament with the rears? Before you ask, here's why: I want to go four a sixth-gen (1998-2002) Accord coupe look. Having the four tail lights across the bottom, two red (yes, I would paint them red like some people have done) blinkers on top, and all six used as brake lights.

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/11/30/02/30/2001_honda_accord_lx_coupe-pic-59639.jpeg

There are the tail lights. I couldn't find one of the brake lights or blinkers, but I think you have the idea.

Sorry for the new thread: I can't comment in the how-to section.

Don't judge me.

labeledsk8r
09-25-2010, 08:16 PM
yes it is very possible and not to hard to do, just find 2 spair taillight sockets and swap them in place of your normal blinker sockets, just be sure to paint the blinkers red

Civic Accord Honda
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM
word just run the other wire to the tail light wire... though it will throw the brake light out lamp on mostlikly

charliekuney
09-25-2010, 10:32 PM
though it will throw the brake light out lamp on mostlikly

If I took the time to do this, I'd take the gauges off and take out the bulb, haha.

I'm seriously considering doing this if I can find a spare set of coupe tails in case I don't like the results. I'm going to pick up a set of four sockets (so I can do the front, too) and see how much the tails are at the junkyard.

labeledsk8r
09-25-2010, 10:59 PM
truthfully if you ddint like the outcome you couls wetsand the tails back to stock.... and then just plasticX polish them and theed look better then stock lol

the idea actully seems like it might turn out nice

charliekuney
09-26-2010, 09:58 AM
It occurred to me because I followed a sixth-gen coupe for 40+ miles home last night. I'll see what I can do on Monday: the junkyard is closed today.

2oodoor
09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
If I took the time to do this, I'd take the gauges off and take out the bulb, haha.

I'm seriously considering doing this if I can find a spare set of coupe tails in case I don't like the results. I'm going to pick up a set of four sockets (so I can do the front, too) and see how much the tails are at the junkyard.

would be "easier" to measure the value first and do the math, adding inline resistor

charliekuney
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't really know what the value would be. Pretty much the second set of tails if I don't like the outcome, but I think it will be alright. How long should I cut the wires for the sockets?

lostforawhile
09-18-2011, 09:55 PM
It will make the brake lights off lamp on mostlikly...

spammer already reported

mtaylor
10-24-2011, 04:59 AM
word just run the other wire to the tail light wire... though it will throw the brake light out lamp on mostlikly

yea, you also run the risk of burning out the fuse.
I would take 1 wire from one of the existing brake light and connect it (with a high value resistor) to a relay or transistor, this way you wont be drawing any extra current from the original line, and the vehicle's computer wont think the buib is burnt out.
you will also have to run power to the relay, dont forget to fuse it.