PDA

View Full Version : Window regulator install?

89AccordNate
10-10-2002, 07:46 AM
I got a window regulator from vanilla sky, and mine is well......wasted!

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it in? Its a manual regulator, I have no power goodies on my dx :).

I didnt want to jump into it and break something like a dumb ass. I briefly looked at it and for some reason it looks confusing to take out and install.

Nate.

YK86
10-10-2002, 11:16 AM
Take a look at the thread in the FAQ titled "how do I remove my power window regulator" (it's in the last page I think). It's pretty much the same for manual windows but without the motor and wires. Just be careful with the glass.

89AccordNate
10-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Well I put it in today (in the rain) it took about an hour and some adjusting and readjusting but overall its a pretty easy deal. I would definitely recommend having 2 people though.

Now I can roll down my window, its been over a year....haha. DRIVE THRUS HERE I COME!

Nate.

88WhiteLX-i
10-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah I have power windows and when my power window motor went on the drivers side it fucking sucked. Now I don't have to open my door to pay tolls!! LOL

smufguy
10-11-2002, 10:45 AM
nice job nate.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-11-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm going to fix my drivers side window this Sunday. I got a sweet deal at the junk yard this last monday. $20 for anything I could get. I got a window motor and regulator, a chrome grille off an 87 lx (hood grille) A valve cover that I can fix up in my spare time, 2 airbox lids, weather stripping. And some more stuff. I'm making a functional hoodscoop thats why I need the lids and stripping. 2 lids in case I mess up. It can happen to the best of us. Oh yeah I just bought a new Dremel with all the attachments too. :rice: