PDA

View Full Version : 89 accord lx-i engine swap

ehonda74
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Is the b18 the best engine to put in a 89 or is there a better choice? Also what else would I need to to complete the swap for either engine?

A18A
09-27-2010, 08:21 PM
define "best" engine. yes there are better choices. you need tools, parts, ability & motivation to do a complete engine swap

88lxi-shortram
09-28-2010, 05:58 AM
lol his first post is about a swap.... just like everyone who just joined. lol i no mine was xD

Pico
09-28-2010, 07:05 AM
lol his first post is about a swap.... just like everyone who just joined. lol i no mine was xD

Mine wasnt....because I searched...lol

As to the OP question, check here Swaps (http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)

ehonda74
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm basically trying to do the easiest swap with out doing to many modifications. The engine I have is to slow. I want an upgrade to something with more power but not too many hassels getting it in. Was putting the b20a in your accord easy or did you have to get new motor mounts and ect?

ShyBoyCA6
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm basically trying to do the easiest swap with out doing to many modifications. The engine I have is to slow. I want an upgrade to something with more power but not too many hassels getting it in. Was putting the b20a in your accord easy or did you have to get new motor mounts and ect?

If you looking for a easy swap then swapping in the same engine will be the easiest lol but the B20 would have to be from the same accord, 86-89 accord JDM B20a Non V-tec it should swap right in without any major mods.

Here are some questions for you:
#1. How much power are you looking for?
#2. Is your car FI or Carb?
#3. Do you have patience,time, or money?
#4. Is this your first time doing a swap?

If your looking for power expect some modifications investing more money and time.

Its always good to have a helping hand or 2 that know about car swaps .

And next time search :) its just a click away...

Oregons finest
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
So I'm kinda new to the whole Honda world and I have this 1989 accord lx-i with the a20a3 sohc 5 speed 2 dr cp. I wanna put a gsr motor in it.. Or maybe the b16. Witch is the better route.. Any advise thanks!

Tdurr
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Click the links or search

osiris22
05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello,
I have a 1989 Honda Accord LX-i with a 4 cylinder, fuel injected, 5 speed manual. It was a daily driver before I bought it. The motor runs like crap, the exhaust has a whole in it somewhere, and I think that it has a bad head gasket, at least I know it is burning oil somewhere (it smokes pretty knarwly during a cold start up. It also has 282,xxx miles on it. It needs a ton of work and eventually I will restore it and make it better. I want to eventually swap the motor and transmission. So I want to know what kind of other motors I can put in. I am open for any ideas but I kind of want a motor with a v6 and a pretty decent amount of power. For the tranny I really don't know anything about them but I figured if I am changing the motor I should swap in a new trans. Any ideas help and thanks in advance.

MessyHonda
05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
just swap with a lower mileage engine