PDA

View Full Version : S&S Headers

dustinksmith
09-29-2010, 06:23 AM
How good are the S&S Headers? I just picked up a set, but won't get to install it yet, and was just wondering how good of headers they are, i know they are 4-1 instead of 4-2-1 which would have been better.

nswst8
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
S&S are good headers. So your the one who beat me on these. Congrats. You'll have to modify the ball joint to a flex joint to keep the noise down.

cygnus x-1
09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I have an S&S; it's a decent header. The main thing I don't like is how low it hangs down. You'll also need to fab up a bracket for where it hangs from the back of the block. I used a piece of angle steel and a square U-bolt.

C|

dustinksmith
09-30-2010, 04:57 AM
@nswst8 - i guess i am :) . i work at a shop that does custom downpipes so i will have a flex pipe welded on when i get it in.

@cygnus x-1 - i can get the bracket worked out at work as well so i will do that. thanks for the tip.

update: it didn't come in as i was told it would. bit upset but what can i do. oh well. hoping for tomorrow.

daamizin1
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I had it on my car and loved it. I didnt modify anything and never had any issues. Look under the name littlexoxbitt, thats my other name n there is pics of it.