PDA

View Full Version : Clean Engine Bay

Xaisk
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I just cleaned my engine bay. Engine still in.. WAS A PAIN IN THE #(#

It looks really great. Used dish soap and water with a rag. I think I could do better if the engine was out though.

http://www.myspace.com/the_trooper12/photos/albums/cleaned-engine-bay/2164831

(edit)
Damn I need to make a build thread or something that way I dont post a million damn things here..

charliekuney
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Damn I need to make a build thread or something that way I dont post a million damn things here..

Just make an update thread.

I'm excited: I'm doing this soon!

Xaisk
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Boo, Cant do it without donating. I dont mind donating but im broke till Friday. Guess my project post will have to wait.

Xybris
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
You need to see my engine bay. Oh and get the bottom of the hood too.

Xaisk
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Possibly going to get the underside of the hood tom. I spent like 2-3 hours working on cleaning the grime up. It was hard to get some of it to come off useing the rag, and with the engine inside still uggghhhh.

I just said screw it.. Ill hit the engine bay tommorow.

labeledsk8r
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
just make an update thread in the general tech section, its about a 3gee and your a member.. you just wont get it in the special section till you pay

wh1skea
10-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Found this technique over at accordtuner.

http://www.1017.org/nsx/Enginetrick/EngineTrick.htm

I'm gonna try it on the hatch here soon.

ghettogeddy
10-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Found this technique over at accordtuner.

http://www.1017.org/nsx/Enginetrick/EngineTrick.htm

I'm gonna try it on the hatch here soon.

ya but once that amoral stop working it picks every lil piece of dirt up.

gunk works good though but i had to use like 2 cans and a pressure washer to get it to come clean and still then i had to get a scrub brush and really hit the corners

88lxi-shortram
10-06-2010, 06:10 AM
that sounds legit dude i would try it but im doin it with the motor out and im painting it but that looks great i would have tryed it before i decided to redo mine this way... try it and post pics

Xaisk
10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Actually we have a sprayer for the engine at the car wash, but Im scared to spray the stuff in there. I still have that open EGR pipe till I swap the new manifold. Idk if it would hurt the engine or not to spray it in. I waxed my engine bay yesterday only for my water pump to fail and wipe out the wax on the left side :burn:

I just cleaned it up. Dont think im going to put more wax.

charliekuney
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Do we have to worry about coving anything when cleaning the engine bay? My friend just did her '00 Civic, and covered nothing, but nothing bad happened.

Xaisk
10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
idk but I really wanna know. I can probally get it even cleaner on the left side useing that. Right side is pretty sharp =D

charliekuney
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
She used a pressure washer with an attachment and some Simple Green. :D

Dr_Snooz
10-06-2010, 05:45 PM
You probably should cover the distributor. I never do and the car won't start for about 20 minutes after I finish. I just read or listen to music while waiting. Meh.

Your engine bay looks epic, by the way. I really like it. I never spend a lot of time detailing my engine. It will all look the same again in a couple weeks, so I just blow and go most of the time.

Xaisk
10-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks :D Im proud of it. I waxed it yesterday with carnuba wax the day after I cleaned it. My water pump blew and coated the whole drivers side of it in coolant and I had to change it and clean it. Got it all sorted today =D