PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Failure

Xaisk
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Well my car HATES antifreeze. Drained the water and put antifreeze in today and the damn pump sprung a huge leak. They had the new one on hand at O reillys for 25 bucks. Still... I cant drive my car tnight or tommorow and I need it. uuuuuuuughhhhhhhh.............. Would like to swap the new one on tnight but its already completely pitch black out...

AccordB20A
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
lol thats why i always "end up" running only water cause as soon as you put something else in it its guaranteed to burst a hose or blow a HG, rupture a radiator etc, well thats my luck anyway

AccordEpicenter
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I would only use a HONDA water pump. Id bet that the water pump that is going to explode now is an aftermarket. Ive been there done that.

Xaisk
10-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Ehh last year while running only water, I had the water freeze completely solid.. and im from Mississippi!! I couldnt drive around for a week while it thawed. It was VERY VERY inconvient. I didnt hear the end of it.. Ive heard the same thing about the water pump.. only use a Honda one. Ill see how this aftermarket one works and if it fails im going OEM.

Xaisk
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Just got that sucker swaped out. Man that was alot more annoying than it had to be. Got a mixture of coolant and water going on. Probally a little more water than coolant which I think is good. Its less thick that way and will pump easier. Im going to monitor it closely over the next few days and cold days esp.

mward
10-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Did you put anything on the o-ring to keep it in place during assembly? I'm about to do this same swap, curious about that aspect of it.

Xaisk
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Honestly the people at O reillys said I should, but I just threw it on because somebody chunked away my gasket sealant =S no issues thus far. Running like new =D

lostforawhile
10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
i ran an aftermarket pump from Nappa for years, never had an issue, just avoid the cheap specials like advance or autozone