PDA

View Full Version : The 3 pack switch on the dash...

offthahook
05-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Dash light brightness, RWD, and headlight motor switch. Do these have lights that illuminate the icons?? I was driving at night and noticed none of them were lit!! I thought some or all of them had bulbs and lit up like the dash lights. Anyone know fa sho???

TeKKnoTeKK
05-09-2002, 10:32 PM
As far as I know only one of mine lights up also.

POS carb
05-09-2002, 10:34 PM
they're all supposed to light up, the bul;bs are burnt

dosh8er
05-10-2002, 05:46 AM
RWD = Rear Wheel Drive !?!

:eek:

locknload68
05-10-2002, 06:39 AM
Rear Window Defroster

offthahook
05-10-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by POS carb
they're all supposed to light up, the bul;bs are burnt
That's what I thought! Any idea, aside from the dealer, what size or where to get those tiny bulbs? Radio Shack maybe. I assume they're not like a parking light or a dome light. They are probably some specialty type bulb exclusive to Hondas, huh??

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-10-2002, 07:32 AM
I don't know if they pertain only to Honda's, but yes, they are a special little type of bulb. If you look on the back of the switch you will see a little round plastic thing with a slit in the middle of it (for a small flathead screwdriver). The bulbs are attached to these things and can't be removed (without breaking them at least, lol). I just got a few at the dealer, I think it was $5 for a bunch of different ones.

Oh and I had checked Radio Shack when I was looking for some and they didn't have any. That may have just been the store I went to though...who knows.

:)

DBMaster
05-10-2002, 07:53 AM
I have, in a pinch, replaced them with little 12V bulbs from Radio Shack (or Tanner electronics, can't remember). It is tough to do without destroying the plastic holder, though.

I order a few from Hondaautomotiveparts.com. If you order more than one or two they are still cheaper, even with shipping, than the dealer who gets like $5 each for them!

You might just buy a handful as they are only a buck-something online and the same size bulb is used in a lot of places.

locknload68
05-10-2002, 10:48 AM
I just remembered that the one for my headlight switch comes on sometimes but not others. Kinda crazy

:wtf:

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-10-2002, 12:39 PM
There are two styles of light bulbs that fit into the three switches that control the headlight motor, the dimmer and defroster.

One bulb is physically larger than the other. I forget which bulb goes into which switch. They are not cheap. One of the bulbs was $8 at the dealership, the other around $3-4.

If you ever saw the bulbs, you would freak at the price. It's smaller than a finger nail. I tried finding some LED's at the local electronics store but couldn't find the right size. Honda has us buy the balls/boobs.

Claude

89AccordNate
05-10-2002, 01:08 PM
I dont know if anyone said this yet, but it would be easier to go to the junkyard and buy a whole new switch. They arent that expensive, and it would save you some hassles, and the odds are that the bulbs do work in the one from the wreckers.

Nate.

offthahook
05-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
I dont know if anyone said this yet, but it would be easier to go to the junkyard and buy a whole new switch. They arent that expensive, and it would save you some hassles, and the odds are that the bulbs do work in the one from the wreckers.

Nate.
That's what I did. :werd: