PDA

View Full Version : Good deal?

Slipup
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I believe its an 87 hatch my buddy is trying to sell me. Last time I asked he accepted $500 and it has a spun bearing.

I wanted it as a project car but now my units deployment got pushed back and I also have no room for it at the moment.

charliekuney
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Model?
Mileage?
Condition?
Pictures?

Slipup
10-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Its a 87 by the way.

He said its a LXi. The badges were removed so I just asked him right now.
Mileage is about 264k
Besides the engine needing rebuild which I'm current about to do to my DX as well. The body is straight, has a rust spot in the back but I can fix that pretty easy.
No pics.

Engine doesn't bother me since it would be a project and I'd swap it anyhow. Only real downfall I have with it is the fact that someone pained the tail lights, and well all the lenses with some kinda black textured paint. Not sure it I could get it all off with thinner or if I would have to replace half the lenses.

Dash is straight, I checked it out the other day as well.

He was saying something about the rear antenna was shaved off. I didn't really check for that.

ShyBoyCA6
10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I say get it and leave it there till you have space and I think thinner would mess up the plastic but you can try another method on how to take off spray paint without damaging the tails..

charliekuney
10-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Rear antenna? No such thing, haha. Seems like a fairly average deal to me.

Slipup
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
My bad I was drunk I meant the wiper arm.

Slipup
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah I'm going to pick it up and start tearing it down. Turns out since my units dates got pushed back a year I have a chance to go with our sister unit. So at least funds for this project won't be short.

Slipup
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll be parting out my Sedan since I'll be either getting S2K when I get back or a Si.
I'll post a thread up once I start tearing her down. Reason I'm parting it is so I can take a few things that are straight on it and put them on the hatch.

If anyone is wanting anything and they are close to Austin hit me up and I'll let you come take things for free once I get what I want off of it.

jcrockett
10-16-2010, 08:08 AM
It sounds like a decent deal. I would worry a little about the deployment. I had a "project" when I was at LeJune and it was towed while I was on a deployment. It turned out to be a pain. I will say that if you are fixing the old Honda...you may avoid some other trouble.

When your in the service, staying out of trouble is like money in the bank.

Slipup
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Oh no I already got the hatch, thanks though. I will just be putting it in a storage unit off post when I leave. Not my first time around the block lol.