PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust piping specs

Xaisk
10-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Where can I get a diagram of the lenghs of our exhaust pipes? Im going to buy the piping myself for my exhaust so the welders dont charge me out the @$$ for it. Just need to make sure I get the right lengths.

Xaisk
10-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Also.. Ive been doing some research on the flex pipe..

http://www.myspace.com/the_trooper12/photos/albums/exhaust-manifold/2156569

That is what mine looks like. Had to hack it to get it off. Ive repainted it with header paint to a nice silver.

Is that still any good? and do I even need it? It seems like I should only need pipe..

Header.. Downpipe..Cat.. piping..muffler... out...

Im really hoping I can reuse that part. Or at least get a new flex pipe added.

Ive honestly noticed a not good smell when driving the car.. like an exhausty type smell. Im having my exhaust done this weekend.

I aint going to pay the shop to put the new manifold on either. F that.. im going to buy a new O2 sensor and throw that and the old one in the new exhaust mani, put the DP on.. and drive that sucker 5 min to the shop so have all the pipe turned into 2 1/4 piping and my new cat and muff welded on.

I hate letting "mechanics" do S(## to my car. I took mine into a mechanic and they messed up my drivers side door opener on the inside.. its kinda loose and wobbly now..

2drSE-i
10-07-2010, 06:49 PM
by the looks of that flex pipe, replacement wouldn't be a bad idea. You do need it though, without some flex in the piping you will break something, or the rattling will drive you freakin crazy.

Xaisk
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Hm.. how much should that sucker cost to have that one cut off and it expanded to fit 2 1/4 inch flex pipe on, then go 2 1/4 piping from there to the back?

2drSE-i
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Getting a new flex pipe in 2.25" wouldn't be too bad i'd bet.

Ebay stainless one for 10 dollars: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-1-4-Exhaust-Flex-Pipe-2-25-x-4-Heavy-Duty-Steel-4-OL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b5580a43QQitemZ17054 6170435QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

its not the right length but it won't hurt nothin if your getting all new piping anyway. They have them in all sorts of lengths though

Xaisk
10-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Ill check with the shop and ask them for specifics on the cost of it and what size it needs to be, then ill go to O reillys and see if they sell em there. Im not expecting it to cost more than 20 bucks maybe 30 max.

If they try to charge me some nuts ass price for the 2 1/4 flex pipe ill tell em no and go somewhere else. Im pushy as hell with mechanics ><

Xaisk
10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Ughhhhhhhh 240 dollars to get all my stuff welded on.............. how frustrating....................................... . thats without a chrome tip...

MessyHonda
10-08-2010, 11:20 PM
shop around...i got mine done for 180 bucks but i provided magnaflow cat and muffler

Xaisk
10-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah just got mine done. Paid 240... Welding down here is expensive for some reason.. firestone wanted 310 for it... Asked some other people I knew and they said the place I went to was the best.

It looks great. I think the muffler needs a tip so itll stick out a bit further but ill worry about that later.

I went 2 1/4 from the flex pipe back.

Just waiting for O reillys to get the studs for the manifold in so I can put the new manifold on :rofl:

Ahh today is going great so far.... aside from being broke :lol:

Ill be posting pics later on when I finish installing everything. Im eager as HELL to get this started.

(edit) oh also I supplyed the magnaflow hi flo cat and delta 40 series muffler =D

lostforawhile
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Also.. Ive been doing some research on the flex pipe..

http://www.myspace.com/the_trooper12/photos/albums/exhaust-manifold/2156569

That is what mine looks like. Had to hack it to get it off. Ive repainted it with header paint to a nice silver.

Is that still any good? and do I even need it? It seems like I should only need pipe..

Header.. Downpipe..Cat.. piping..muffler... out...

Im really hoping I can reuse that part. Or at least get a new flex pipe added.

Ive honestly noticed a not good smell when driving the car.. like an exhausty type smell. Im having my exhaust done this weekend.

I aint going to pay the shop to put the new manifold on either. F that.. im going to buy a new O2 sensor and throw that and the old one in the new exhaust mani, put the DP on.. and drive that sucker 5 min to the shop so have all the pipe turned into 2 1/4 piping and my new cat and muff welded on.

I hate letting "mechanics" do S(## to my car. I took mine into a mechanic and they messed up my drivers side door opener on the inside.. its kinda loose and wobbly now..you need the flex pipe, but you can buy the flex section aftermarket, any muffler shop can get it. you save the piece from the engine down to the pipe and weld the new section of flex pipe to it, then everything past it is fabricated

Xaisk
10-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Yup I got the flex pipe installed. Id rather not have any stupid knocking or exhaust problems.

The car is about done.. But im having an issue with the oil pan blocking the downpipe from lining up with the header.. I think I can twist the downpipe just a bit and it will line up..

Made an attempt and got it to go through the studs.. Just not all the way.. couldnt finish toying with it due to work. Ill have that sucker done tommorow morning and pics will soon follow! =D

MessyHonda
10-09-2010, 06:19 PM
any faster?

Xaisk
10-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Ill tell you after I finish putting it together. Could do it now but I really need to study for my test... >< tommorow morning though...

Xaisk
10-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Just got the car done!

Its loud as hell haha. Sounds alright but I honestly wish it was a tad bit quieter.. whatever.. ill take a video sometime instead of pics...

I would definatly say the car drives better.. it shifts so much smoother now when changing gears. It used to take a few seconds then backfire smoke out the tail... now its just a nice smooth shift.

It feels like it may accelerate a little better too..

I think the car likes the bigger piping and hi flo parts =D

Im going to post a video here tonight or tommorow for you guys to see/hear

But now I have an annoying #($ problem. My passenger side door says it isnt shut but it is... and it keeps beeping...

Is there any type of fuse or plug I can undo temporarily to make the noise stop? It makes me wanna piss myself...

Xaisk
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Here is the video I promised =O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMASLhnG_k