PDA

View Full Version : Door Light

Xaisk
10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
My passenger side door light keeps staying lit up like it is open. Also when driving up the road it doesnt start beeping at first, but about 10 seconds after you start moving, It starts this incessant beeping... beep beep beep.

REALLY annoying. Is there anything I can temp disconnect till I have time to fix it?

Fedor B.
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
disconnect the doorswitch may do, or just unplug the beep beep beep thing.

Bglad420
10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Is it the seat belt chime? If so that's covered under honda's seat belt warranty.

HERBERT
10-13-2010, 05:50 PM
You mean the door light in the gauges??

charliekuney
10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
^ If it's the little red line on the tiny car on your gauges, replace the tab in the passenger door, or at least make sure it's connection is tight and the tab itself is secure.

Xaisk
10-14-2010, 07:27 AM
KK I will take a look at that thing. God I dread taking that door panel off as I have manual window rollers..

putting that s#(@ back on lastime was HELL.

Anyway Its the light on my gauges. It stays lit saying the door is open. Then that seatbelt light on the top of the car near the rear view flashs on and off constantly.

Does the seatbelt warranty cover cars this old?

DBMaster
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Actually, I think you just need to adjust your door strike inwards a small fraction of an inch. I have played with mine over the years to get just the right closing tension on the doors and if I have one out just a hair too far the door doesn't close tightly enough to keep the switch pushed in.

Xaisk
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Actually that sounds like it makes very much sense. Before it happened, my door quit closing, and this black plastic around the latch peeled off. I bet that thing needs to be adjusted!

Good call. Im going to toy around with it!