PDA

View Full Version : PS leak. What needs replaced?

87AccordLXsdn
10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey guys. Been awhile since I've posted. Noticed some wet trails leading up the driveway behind my car so I checked it out. Huge puddle of PS fluid under the car on the left side. Backed it onto the road and climbed under and had someone turn the wheel and it started leaking on the opposite side. I could hear it bubbling out of somewhere. Steady flow coming out, but can't tell from exactly where. So it's leaking on both sides, but in the same spots on each side. Make sense? I really don't know much about PS so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. If a pic would help to show where its leaking from, lemme know. Thanks in advanced for any info.

88lxi-shortram
10-18-2010, 02:18 PM
first check that your hoses are properly clamped down and if it still leaks after you tighten them then check you resevior for cracks. if all else fails check your pump to see if its leaking from there.

Dr_Snooz
10-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll bet the rack is leaking.

87AccordLXsdn
10-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah after check out some things, I'm pretty sure the fluid is leaking out of both boots. Would a bad rack be the cause of this? Pretty sure there are no major rips in the boots. Didn't think that the boots even held any of the PS fluid.

Dr_Snooz
10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
The rack is probably fine if it's not binding or making lots of noise. It's most likely just your end seals. That's the good news. The bad news is that it doesn't really matter because you'll have to pull the rack apart to replace them. :(

visal911
10-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Check the Power steering lines, the metal ones rust so easily. I replaced mine twice.