PDA

View Full Version : coolman603's 88 lx

coolman603
10-21-2010, 10:17 PM
hey guys i started to do some work on my car
good news i got a passenger side mirror :) and some other little things like a lock pull tab thing so now all four doors open :P

coolman603
10-21-2010, 10:18 PM

coolman603
10-21-2010, 10:18 PM

coolman603
10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
the car still has a few problems any help would be great thanks

-when its cold out speedometer sqeeks(parents say it did it since new)

-the pull handle to pop the hood does not work and i have to drop the fuse pannel then pull the hood cable with plyers to pop it

-cruise control does not work everthing lights up and i hit the set button on the steering wheel and the dash light come on but i let go of the gas and its like cruise was not even on

-brake lights only work some times and at night i look in the mirror to see the light in the back window and it works some times but some times you have to pump the brake pedle a few times for it to come on.

-glove box is broken im going to try and fix it the little holes are snaped off

coolman603
10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
the new passenger side mirror. finaly having a mirror on that side is awesome and now from the front of the car it looks even.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5498/dscf1099t.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/dscf1099t.jpg/)

coolman603
10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
steering is now messed :(

Dr_Snooz
10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
the car still has a few problems any help would be great thanks

-when its cold out speedometer sqeeks(parents say it did it since new)

A new cable should stop the squeaking, but I've found that Hondas protest in all kinds of ways when they think it's too cold out.

-the pull handle to pop the hood does not work and i have to drop the fuse pannel then pull the hood cable with plyers to pop it

Without seeing a picture, I'd say get a new cable and bracket from the junkyard.

-cruise control does not work everthing lights up and i hit the set button on the steering wheel and the dash light come on but i let go of the gas and its like cruise was not even on

Probably the actuator, but you're too young to have a car with working cruise control. :)

-brake lights only work some times and at night i look in the mirror to see the light in the back window and it works some times but some times you have to pump the brake pedle a few times for it to come on.

I'd seek professional help for that one.

-glove box is broken im going to try and fix it the little holes are snaped off

The junkyard is your FRIEND!