PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy this missing part?

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1411/5115883182_d0d2a2a8b4_z.jpg

Does anybody have an extra laying around or can somebody tell me the part # of this?

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
:stick:
well not to be a asshole but its obvious that part will be at a junkyard.
get your tools and start looking good luck:ugh2:

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Sorry, but I meant I wanted the part *NEW*

Is there a website that sells OEM parts?

If so, what is it?

Part #?

Thanks

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry, but I meant I wanted the part *NEW*

Is there a website that sells OEM parts?

If so, what is it?

Part #?

Thanksyou have a 25 year old car and you are concerned the parts are new? it's going to be a hobby that gets expensive very quickly. go to a pick and pull, pop out the light, unplug it, and pay a few dollars for it. if you don't want to do that, someone here probably has one for sale. junkyard parts are your friend.

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
you have a 25 year old car and you are concerned the parts are new? it's going to be a hobby that gets expensive very quickly. go to a pick and pull, pop out the light, unplug it, and pay a few dollars for it. if you don't want to do that, someone here probably has one for sale. junkyard parts are your friend.

Yeah, I need this part at least in a like new condition.

Like I asked before, is there any website that sells OEM Honda parts?

Anyone have any recommendations about such site?

Pico
10-25-2010, 04:17 PM
You can try online with Majestic Honda, but honestly its probably discontinued.
The junk yard would be your beat bet like everyone has said.
Also I take it your looking for the foglamp cover,not the turn signal assembly.

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
the light or cover? if it's the cover, someone needs to cut one of those sections off a damaged bumper from an 88-89 and i'll start making them out of aluminum like mine, I doubt anyone will have one new, you almost can't find one used that hasn't fallen off, I ran over one in the street one day, went to get it, then realized it was one of my plastic ones, that's when I got pissed and made the aluminum ones

charliekuney
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't think it's going to matter if it's in new or just good condition. No one is going to notice with that lovely scrape on the corner. ;)

Check hondaautomotiveparts.com

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I need this part at least in a like new condition.

Like I asked before, is there any website that sells OEM Honda parts?

Anyone have any recommendations about such site?

:squint:
so you would pay say 30 bucks or more for a new one?:dunno:
look around your local junkyard and compare them to each other and get the one in better condition. it might be like 7$ at most.

but if you want a site try:
Ebay.com
andysautosport.com
craigslist.com

heres the link to andys but call before ordering:
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/1986_1989_accord/lights/bumper_lenses/sherman/

Edit:
the bumper slot cover is what your looking for??

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
the light or cover? if it's the cover, someone needs to cut one of those sections off a damaged bumper from an 88-89 and i'll start making them out of aluminum like mine, I doubt anyone will have one new, you almost can't find one used that hasn't fallen off, I ran over one in the street one day, went to get it, then realized it was one of my plastic ones, that's when I got pissed and made the aluminum ones

it would of help if he circle what he needed but the pic is almost centered to the empty space lol i didnt notice it till now

charliekuney
10-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Honda Automotive Parts says:

"71102-SE3-970ZR 003 001 COVER, R. HORN *B49M* LAUREL BLUE METALLIC - May Have Been Discontinued 43.78 31.08"

It only says "May Have Been Discontinued" for your color, bro.

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
if this guy wants new parts, he may have picked the wrong car to make a project:dunno: this isn't like a civic forum, most people here find it used or make it, these cars are more like building hot rods then tuner cars, you use what you can find and make it work

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 07:25 PM

"71102-SE3-970ZR 003 001 COVER, R. HORN *B49M* LAUREL BLUE METALLIC - May Have Been Discontinued 43.78 31.08"

thats code for "it's not in any North American Warehouses, but we will contact japan, and in six weeks they will tell us it's discontinued, which we already knew"

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM

Alright, thanks a lot bro and the rest of you guys!

Yes, I want the fog light cover.

I want a new one since this car is practically new...

Check the pics out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45255532@N02/

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
if this guy wants new parts, he may have picked the wrong car to make a project:dunno: This isn't like a civic forum, most people here find it used or make it, these cars are more like building hot rods then tuner cars, you use what you can find and make it work
x2

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Alright, thanks a lot bro and the rest of you guys!

Yes, I want the fog light cover.

I want a new one since this car is practically new...

Check the pics out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45255532@N02/

well if you want it Practically "new" you can always find one and take it to a shop to paint it the same color or you can do it yourself for less money. whats a lil bit a paint and clear coat?

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
we aren't trying to be assholes, but there's almost no chance you will actually be able to get that new, the, may be discontinued, means there's a 99.9999 percent chance it's not available. what you need is the US 88-89 type facelift cover, here the 86-87 have a flat cover, and the 88-89 have that style, you need to find a used one, have it cleaned up and paint matched, and you are good to go. thats really your only option, finding it is as easy as asking on here

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 07:55 PM
if this guy wants new parts, he may have picked the wrong car to make a project:dunno: this isn't like a civic forum, most people here find it used or make it, these cars are more like building hot rods then tuner cars, you use what you can find and make it work

You're wrong.

I picked the right car, and who said anything about a project?

I'm not like most people here then...I don't care...

Listen, I'm not into the whole modding thing here. I plan on keeping the car stock until I sell it.

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 07:56 PM
we aren't trying to be assholes, but there's almost no chance you will actually be able to get that new, the, may be discontinued, means there's a 99.9999 percent chance it's not available. what you need is the US 88-89 type facelift cover, here the 86-87 have a flat cover, and the 88-89 have that style, you need to find a used one, have it cleaned up and paint matched, and you are good to go. thats really your only option, finding it is as easy as asking on here

Well, if it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking, right?

Your logic doesn't make sense...

But thanks for the info though

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
You're wrong.

I picked the right car, and who said anything about a project?

I'm not like most people here then...I don't care...

Listen, I'm not into the whole modding thing here. I plan on keeping the car stock until I sell it.

no one said you had to mod it, we are trying to give you an option to replace the part, on old cars you can't just magically find parts new, you have to restore used parts to new condition

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't think it's going to matter if it's in new or just good condition. No one is going to notice with that lovely scrape on the corner. ;)

Check hondaautomotiveparts.com

That lovely scrape you see there is the only imperfection of the car! lol

I plan on getting it fixed asap

charliekuney
10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
^ Does than include the scratch above the side marker? D:

;)

My car is so hideous compared to yours, and mine is the "nicest" around. Other than JC Barker's SE-i...

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, if it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking, right?

Your logic doesn't make sense...

But thanks for the info though
why is my logic wrong? people on this site probably have more parts stashed then the Honda warehouse, you just need to get one and paint it to match the original, thats what you do with old cars to fix them,

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM
no one said you had to mod it, we are trying to give you an option to replace the part, on old cars you can't just magically find parts new, you have to restore used parts to new condition

Listen buddy, your not helping.

I don't need your sarcasm.

As if I didn't know that already.
But that is why I was asking here, to see if you guys knew of a website who still sells OEM parts...

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 08:04 PM

if you need to have the scrape fixed, then why are you so hung up on that piece being new? the bumper will have to be painted anyway, get a used piece and have it all matched at the same time, your logic doesn't make sense

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Listen buddy, your not helping.

I don't need your sarcasm.

As if I didn't know that already.
But that is why I was asking here, to see if you guys knew of a website who still sells OEM parts...

what sarcasm? everyone is trying to help you and you are basically being an ass, the people on this site know more about that car then anybody, the dealers don't know or care about them, or care to, if eveyone says it's not available, it's probably not

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
if you need to have the scrape fixed, then why are you so hung up on that piece being new? the bumper will have to be painted anyway, get a used piece and have it all matched at the same time, your logic doesn't make sense

You win

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM

well if your fixing that then why not find the part your looking for and fix that too lol geez its gonna be the same thing:squint:

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
what sarcasm? everyone is trying to help you and you are basically being an ass, the people on this site know more about that car then anybody, the dealers don't know or care about them, or care to, if eveyone says it's not available, it's probably not

How am I the ass?
I just asked a simple yes or no question, you're the ass buddy.

All I got was shit from you. Go back and read through the answers.

All the other people helped and gave non-sarcastic answers.

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM

haha not me well at least not yet :lol:

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
How am I the ass?
I just asked a simple yes or no question, you're the ass buddy.

All I got was shit from you. Go back and read through the answers.

All the other people helped and gave non-sarcastic answers.

i'm not even going to waste any more time, look you aren't going to find brand new discontinued plastic pieces for the car, like I said and everyone else, get a used one, have it all painted at one time, and you are done, like everyone else does when they find a low mileage old car, you must not work on cars much, on a lot of cars you can't get much of anything after 25 years, i'm suprised how much is still available, but as far as trim, plastics etc, most of it is gone

HON-DUH
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
"you have a 25 year old car and you are concerned the parts are new?"

"if this guy wants new parts, he may have picked the wrong car to make a project"

"finding it is as easy as asking on here"

"just magically find parts new"

Seriously, do these answers seem helpful?

Not even a tinny bit if you ask me.

My question was a simple yes or no question.

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 08:18 PM
haha not me well at least not yet :lol:

you will Danielson!! now wax on! wax off!!

Dr_Snooz
10-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Ibtl!

Seriously though. This forum is far and away the best around, especially for these cars. If you ask a question and everyone comes back telling you to go to a junk yard, chances are they know what they're talking about. More specifically, you might be laboring under some misconceptions about life with a 25 year old car. I'll give it to you straight: that car is going to break. A LOT. You're going to be chasing electrical gremlins and tracking down oil leaks and stuff is going to fall off and break off like you can't believe. Realize that perfection is a goal that is not going to be achieved, and then plan accordingly. If you get so hung up on a plastic cover, by the time it blows a hose and overheats and wrecks the engine to the tune of $1,200, you're going to throw in the towel on the car and none of us here wants to see you throw away such a beautiful car.

Most importantly, don't pick fights with the senior members. You'll end up getting banned and will lose out on all the knowledge and help that's available here. That will only hasten you on your path to frustration and failure with this car. Again, we don't want to see that.

If you're dead set on a new cover, give Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) a try. If they don't have it, then go to the junkyard.

No, really. Go to the junkyard. Those parts don't see that much wear and you can probably find a really good one in a single Saturday.

Even if you could get the part new, I would still tell you to go to the junkyard. You're going to have that bumper painted and the shop isn't going to match the paint perfectly, which means that the new part isn't going to match what's already there. It will stick out and if you're the perfectionist I think you are, it will bug you to no end. Just find a decent cover at the yard, put it on before you paint the bumper and it will be fine.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

phrenology
10-25-2010, 10:09 PM
:eek: LOL, Seriously I've never seen a longer thread over a foglight cover. He's better off trying to track down a set of OEM fogs to fill the slot. That would look great on a pristine LX.

lostforawhile
10-25-2010, 10:12 PM
:eek: LOL, Seriously I've never seen a longer thread over a foglight cover. He's better off trying to track down a set of OEM fogs to fill the slot. That would look great on a pristine LX.

shhhhhh!! he will want new ones!! :nervous:

ShyBoyCA6
10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
lol wow thank you for clearing it up doctor hopefully he takes the advice and does it.

and to you NOoB:no offense but nothing is perfect in this world but if you want the car in "perfect" condition then park it in the garage and never drive it and you would have a perfect non scratched car.

phrenology
10-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Would now be the wrong time to tell everyone I have the original 3rd Gen Accord moulds for ALL of the plastic trim pieces hidden away in a Swiss Bank Safe Deposit box, along with the keys to a plastic injection factory? :dunno:

LOL Not to jack the man's thread but I worked in a Plastic Injection factory for a few weeks once, before I wanted to hang myself from the rafters. It takes a great deal of effort to make moulds even for one tiny piece...no wonder it doesn't pay to do plastics unless you go big time bulk. Even when they CNC the moulds it takes a lot of design time to get it done right. Its much easier to punch out metal or machine them from something else. :ugh2:

ghettogeddy
10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
i looked at majestic earlier for this and had a post made but got a phone call and ocd x'd out of my browser lol

they dont have any new and you most likely will not find one in new condition or N.O.S.

you can try the dealer ship but thats like pulling teeth hell they dont even have seat belts left after a recall on them lol witch im guess you might not have done that will be a hard one to get once the push buttons fall apart

we know what we are saying its not a troll thing or disrespect but like dr said we have been doing this and looking for parts for years we know a thing or 2

itzdave
10-26-2010, 05:25 AM
My car is so hideous compared to yours, and mine is the "nicest" around. Other than JC Barker's SE-i...

so i guess that makes my car a POS...?
thanks Charlie...:321:

87accordlxi
10-26-2010, 06:40 AM
shhhhhh!! he will want new ones!! :nervous:

Knock it off and leave him alone.