PDA

View Full Version : 3gen i need of help!

Al86
11-07-2010, 08:31 AM
can anyone help me get hold of an 1987 honda accord lxi mint condition left hand drive power steering rack? and i need it to be delivered to malaysia..pls help

Oldblueaccord
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
www.rockauto.com

Alot of us use them. I don't know how they will handle overseas shipping.

wp

Al86
11-16-2010, 05:49 AM
thanks bro, my rack and pinion just came in the mail today and it cost a bomb!..hope it doest give me any problems anymore

Al86
11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
i already install my new rack and everything,no more leaks and no more noise..but the problem now is that my steering turns heavier than before. could anyone help me in this pls..

Dr_Snooz
11-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Is it significantly heavier? Is it just a matter of working it in a little bit and getting used to it or is something definitely wrong?

Al86
11-21-2010, 10:50 AM
it is significantly heavier, im not sure if theres something wrong with it or not..its a new rack that i ordered so i asume that there might be no problems with it..would it make a differents if i bleed the fluid ?

Dr_Snooz
11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
You should bleed the fluid by turning lock to lock several times. Usually it bleeds itself with a few trips around the block though. Have you checked the fluid level? Have you double-checked for leaks? What's the likelihood that you got crud in the system when you re-connected the hard lines? They get a lot of crud build up and if you don't clean them off before removing, you run the risk of getting road grime in the system. I wouldn't expect that to clog anything, but who knows? Did you perchance get any lines criss-crossed? Is the VSS seated properly?

Al86
11-22-2010, 02:38 AM
sorry but i dont know whats the vss?

ShyBoyCA6
11-22-2010, 03:13 AM
sorry but i dont know whats the vss?

Search VSS?

Dr_Snooz
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
It's the mechanical speed sensor that sits in the top of the transmission. It has PS lines coming out of it.

w261w261
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
I was thinking that maybe the steering assist got disabled with the new rack. Is the steering harder when the car is going say over 20 mph?

Al86
11-24-2010, 07:51 AM
the steering is hard when i drive slowly or when i dont move at all..hard for me to park my car or make small turns..but once i drive abit faster the steering is not that stiff but its still stiffer than before i change the new rack..im hopping that my new rack is not the porblem, way too expesive to change or service

Dr_Snooz
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
It doesn't sound like you're getting any assist at all. Are you sure you got everything hooked back up properly?

Al86
11-25-2010, 12:48 AM
i think im sure the mechanic hooked up everything properly..tomorrow im going back to the workshop and check again..other then faulty connection what other problems can cause this? just afraid that my mechanic will take the easy way out of dealing with this and say that my rack is the problem..that will give me a big headache

Dr_Snooz
11-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Take a look at what he did just to see if there's anything obvious. Look for any lines that might be reversed or leaking or whatever. Check the PS fluid level.

A good mechanic would have road-tested the car and called you to tell you the rack was bad before giving you the car back. I'm inclined to believe he messed something up.

Al86
11-26-2010, 08:00 AM
darn! went to the workshop today and ask my mechanic to recheck everything...left my car there for 3 hours..when i cam back..he said he cant find anything wrong, everything is hooked up properly..WT*! so pissed of now..tomorrow going to see another mechanic at another workshop..this PS problem is driving nuts from the 1st is started having problems..blew a big hole in my pocket too..

Al86
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
finnaly got my car back out of the workshop..sorry to say this but they said that theres a wrong installation on the new rack that i bought..not quite sure of that..but now my steering is feeling much lighter, can steer with one finger..heheh.. spend almost 150 USD just to fix that problem with the new rack..hope theres no more problems after this..

Dr_Snooz
12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Glad you got it all worked out.