PDA

View Full Version : bigger injectors

88lxi-shortram
11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
ive searched around for a while now and still nothing... but ive heard that there are 255cc injectors for us i cant find any. i would like to run bigger injectors so any help is great

Vanilla Sky
11-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Why are you looking for bigger injectors? Putting in bigger fuel injectors without other (major) work is at best a waste, and at worst a detriment to fuel economy and power.

That being said, IIRC, anything that a Civic can run, we can run.

88lxi-shortram
11-08-2010, 10:17 AM
someone said since im going to put bigger cams and i have a CAI that i may need bigger injectors.

Vanilla Sky
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
You don't need bigger injectors, you need a proper tune. If you're concerned about it, either swap for OBD-1 or Mega Squirt the car.

AccordEpicenter
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
You don't need bigger injectors, you need a proper tune. If you're concerned about it, either swap for OBD-1 or Mega Squirt the car.

x2

88lxi-shortram
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
i never learned what it means to megasquirt... so if one of you wants to try and enlighten me take shot

Vanilla Sky
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Here ya go! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=megasquirt)

With just a cam and a CAI, you won't really have hugely different fuel needs. Yes, you will get more power if you tune the motor for the mods, but I think you have a lot of other things that need to be taken care of before building an engine control system. When you learn megasquirt, you learn how an EFI system AND an ignition control system works.

MessyHonda
11-09-2010, 11:51 PM
if they have alot of miles sometimes the seals go bad and they start leaking

Hauntd ca3
11-10-2010, 12:31 AM
its only once you get past 80% duty cycle that you need to worry bout bigger injectors.
B20a injectors are apparently the same flow rate as b18c tpye r ones, so there is an easy swap if needed

Oldblueaccord
11-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm running Rc eng 250cc injectors. My old ones developed leaks and I got a good deal direct thru them.

http://www.rceng.com

I have always heard that Hondas can run up to 310cc with out any modifications but that numbers been thrown around for ever.

Prolly with a cam change you might might need more fuel. Everything I have seen with my own wideband measurements is that my car runs on the rich side and its all stock except a KN filter cone on the TB.

wp