PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Transducer

Xaisk
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
So my Accord is a DX and im working on turning it into a LX mwahaha!

Anyway So I can EASILY get a transducer from the JY. No issue at all.

I pulled the transducer off and looked at where it connect to the gas pedal.
I pulled the ducer off of an 86 and it looked like the pedal mount was different so I left it there.

If I get my hands on one for an 88/89 I can easily bolt it on and connect the gas pedal to it. However mines a DX so I do not have the wires for it.

If I got the same kind of plugin head, Could I make my own wires for it and put it together? Also im running a 32/36... Where would I jack the vacuum from the carb to go into the CC transducer?

lostforawhile
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
you have to wire the entire system from scratch, you need the pedals from the cruise car and the switches from them, as well as the cuise unit, the cable for it, and the contol module. you also need the cruise control steering wheel, and the contactor that bolts to the combination switch, it's quite a job, the transducer is in your speedometer, but they left out a diode, and the pin in the harness plug, you can solder in the diode and take a pin from a harness in the junkyard and insert it into the plug in your harness, somewhere on here i have the entire cruise control wiring scematics posted

Xaisk
11-09-2010, 01:18 PM
you have to wire the entire system from scratch, you need the pedals from the cruise car and the switches from them, as well as the cuise unit, the cable for it, and the contol module. you also need the cruise control steering wheel, and the contactor that bolts to the combination switch, it's quite a job, the transducer is in your speedometer, but they left out a diode, and the pin in the harness plug, you can solder in the diode and take a pin from a harness in the junkyard and insert it into the plug in your harness, somewhere on here i have the entire cruise control wiring scematics posted

Well I have the dash CC switch.

Ill yank out the CC pedal and TD next time im there. By control module what do you mean?

as for the steering wheel I want one thats in good condition. Ima have to post in the wanted section when Ive got the money to do it.

By the contactor do you mean the thing behind the steering wheel that the turn signals go into? that bundle of wirey plastic mess?

Also the transducer goes into the speedometer? I didnt notice that in the one in the junkyard. I just seen the thing going into the gas pedal.

lostforawhile
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Well I have the dash CC switch.

Ill yank out the CC pedal and TD next time im there. By control module what do you mean?

as for the steering wheel I want one thats in good condition. Ima have to post in the wanted section when Ive got the money to do it.

By the contactor do you mean the thing behind the steering wheel that the turn signals go into? that bundle of wirey plastic mess?

Also the transducer goes into the speedometer? I didnt notice that in the one in the junkyard. I just seen the thing going into the gas pedal.

the transducer is actually a speed sensor, it's part of the speedometer itself, it's already wired into the cluster circuit board, they just left a diode out of the printed circuit. and a pin out of the haness plug , you need to create the entire harness from scatch , the module nomally fits above the fuse box.

lostforawhile
11-09-2010, 01:57 PM
you need to pull the control module from up above the fuse box, and it's brackets, the wheel, cruise control slip ring, pedals, cable, cruise control servo, probably the plug that has that missing pin, cruise control dash switch, do you have a 5 speed or a manual? you need to make sure to get the brake switch screwed into the pedal assembly, it has two circuits instead of one. thats what shuts off the cruise when you press the brake. you will also need to take the cruise control indicator out of the cluster at the yard, it will go into one of the blank slots in your cluster, and you will need to solder in a bulb holder.

lostforawhile
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I took some pictures of an old cluster, this is the diode you need for the speed sensor to use the cruise control, the holes to solder it in are there on a non cruise car, but not the diode.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021948.jpg
this is the diode, you can just pull back the corner of the flexible printed circuit board, the stripe end of the diode goes towards the center of the cluster
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021949.jpg?t=1293219523

there will be a pin missing in this plug that goes to this female socket in the cluster, you cut a plug off of a harness at the junkyard, leave some wire length, use a small screwdriver to pop a pin and wire out of the extra plug, it will slide into and lock into the empty slot in your existing harness. solder in a diode and you now have a connection to the speed sensor.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021951.jpg?t=1293219523

Xaisk
12-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Great pic man!

That was actually extremely useful.
Whenever I get a job again I will finally start doing bigger mods again....

btw.. Merry Christmas man!

gp02a0083
12-25-2010, 05:03 AM
did you happen to get the part number off the diode?

lostforawhile
12-25-2010, 12:23 PM
did you happen to get the part number off the diode?

huh? just a regular old diode like you get from radio shack, nothing special about it at all