PDA

View Full Version : Howdy From Louisville KY

MebeMebe
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I drive a carbureted 1989 Honda Accord with 103k on it. It's been in the family since it was new and was driven around by my now deceased little old man father until 2005. His hat still sits in the back and his compass (oil long drained due to a leak) on the dashboard.

Anyway, it's pretty much my favorite car for a mix of reasons but it's starting to have some woes. Hoping to get some insight here into how to get it running better without getting robbed. :)

phrenology
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi from the Bay Area...Nice to have you on board. I'm deeply sorry to hear about your father's passing. Enjoy the Accord...its work to keep it going but its rewarding. :thumbup:

My sister lives in Louisville right now, but she's always moving around. :dunno:

Dr_Snooz
11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Welcome from California!

MebeMebe
11-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Enjoy the Accord...its work to keep it going but its rewarding. :thumbup:

Reading through the carb tech forum, it seems like that's right. The car has a number of problems of varying urgency and importance. So far I've read about 3 or 4 things that probably need to be done. I'm still trying to build the definitive list of possibles. In some cases, though, my own ignorance about how carburetered engines work is in the way of my understanding.

Not sure I'm going to do the work myself; but I sure want to know enough to figure out if the mechanic knows what they are doing.

The one thing I've not seen yet on the forum is a "good mechanics" list. I'd take the car a goodly distance to get to someone who was endorsed as knowing what they were doing.

IndyCar_Fan
11-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi, I'm from Louisville too (St. Matthews). I'll ask my mechanic that did all my work (carb 88 LX) if he'd be interested in the work as he mainly does race car prep, high end sports cars, etc. He's very honest and really knows what he's doing, but some times he's busy and I need to give him notice to schedule myself in. He's in the Bashford manor mall area off Bardstown Road and if he says it's cool, I'll send you his contact info.

IndyCar_Fan
11-26-2010, 06:52 AM
His name is Mike Winebrenner, really honest and very knowledgeable. His shop is located at:

The Winning Formula
3918 Bardstown Rd # 4
Louisville, KY 40218-2676

hondalude86
12-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Hahaha, I know that shop... When i raced in KY, he had a couple of sponsored cars out there, and sponsored several of our Solo2 races through the KY region. Met the guy at a couple of events/awards banquets... Very nice guy. A++

Demon1024
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
really....

Grats on joining the carb'd clan. Definately the #1 source for info on them here.

Dr_Snooz
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone!
I live in VietNam. I like a car, but i don't money. I drive a motobycle of SYM.

Welcome!